Would you eat donkey meat?

I’m watching a show called Ugly Delicious with David Chang. He took an asian artist friend, Dave Choe, with him to China. The friend wanted to try the donkey meat when their translator told him it was the best meat. David Chang, after having just talked about being open-minded, would not go into the shop that served the donkey meat.

The friend ate the donkey meat and declared it to be delicious. The next day, they met up with Fuschia Dunlop who is an English author and expert on Chinese cuisine. She told David Chang that if he liked beef, he’d like donkey meat. David Chang just shook his head.

Would you eat the donkey meat that David Chang passed up? If not, why not?

1 Like

:thinking::thinking:. Hmm I would really want see and smell that shop first before even considering eating there. Better still to know of its reputation from the locals. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It was in China. It had a great reputation based on the people who live there. But then, they’re used to donkey meat there.

1 Like

neigggghhh

2 Likes

I’m not sure - maybe I would.

cant see any reason not to. I eat other meats.

1 Like

No,i don`t eat animals i class as pets,donkeys,rabbits,ducks, to name but a few.no i just cant.

5 Likes

I have eaten donkey, in a type of salami and I’ve eaten horse in France

But I wouldn’t have eaten it in those circumstances because you don’t know how it had been reared or what chemicals and hormones it had been injected with

1 Like

I’d be the same … though I’ll happily pork and chicken so I suppose a living thing is a living thing and I shouldn’t make a distinction.

Hell No. Nor horse meat either.

2 Likes

I get that, I really do, sometimes I have qualms about ducks :rofl:

But my thought is that if I’ll eat animals at all then it’s not really fair to decide which ones I eat based on how cute they are!

After all, pigs are supposed to be more intelligent and self-aware than dogs but it doesn’t stop me chowing down on a bacon sandwich :rofl:

1 Like