Would love to make new friends

Good Morning folks
It’s nice to meet you all. and would love to make lasting friendships with like minded individuals.
Just to tell you a bit about myself: I like keeping up to date with current affairs and watch the news regularly. I like watching football and follow the BBC soap Eastenders. I am interested in astronomy and watch related programmes. I also like watching documentary programmes such as panorama and dispatches.
Hope to hear back from you folks very very soon.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum star gazer. I too am interested to some degree and having the late great Patrick Moore as a neighbour certainly helped.
Once you have settled in and found your way around in here, what about starting up some interesting new threads?

Yes that would be great.

However, I only know a minimum amount of astronomy

Hello geek. I only joined yesterday. The folk on herr seem pretty nice.

1 Like

I don’t know if we are like minded, geek, but if it turns out that we are, please don’t ask to be friends. I could never be friends with anyone who has a mind like mine.

2 Likes

Hello Geek :wave:t6:

Welcome to the forum,Geek.:pray:

Hello and welcome Geek - come and join us - we don’t bite … well, not on Mondays anyway!

If you you want to be bitten, you will have to come back tomorrow, Geek.

1 Like

Hello everyone

Many thanks for the warm welcome.

Perhaps you kind folks could tell me about yourselves - hobbies/interests etc?

Thanks

I love exercising, walking, gardening…I’m very domesticated…oh, and love cooking and my sponges are the best…so I’ve been told.

Just click upon anyone’s profile and info will be found.

2 Likes

Hi Geek and welcome.

Welcome to the forum Geek. I hope you enjoy it here.

As LD has said, if you want to know about members here, you only have to click on the avatar picture, and most people explain a little about themselves there.

Talking about our hobbies etc, I notice you haven’t put anything on your avatar|?
:slightly_smiling_face:

Hello Geek and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Hello Geek :grin: welcome…

Thanks everyone for the very warm welcome.

My hobbies and interests are outlined in my original post above and I* would love to link up with persons who have the same interests and hobbies.

Hello Geek :slightly_smiling_face: welcome to the forum….

Hello Geek, and welcome to the forum. We’re a friendly bunch most of the time. I don’t think you and I could be called like minded though, cos I try to avoid watching the news, football and Eastenders, haha! I do rather like a good documentary however.

See ya around :blush:

1 Like

Indeed we are, and we like to show our friendliness by waving flags at one another. I logged in this morning to find I had 8 such tributes. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes