Would it be a good thing if everyone was like you?

I would hate to live in a world full of me , it would be mayhem and anarchy and I’d be soooo bored…

2 Likes

@Bretrick I was born a very tall Taurean (star sign Bull) and a world full of bulls would be a world full of trouble​:grin: Also as a keen musician, I would not wish to hear music everywhere I wandered :musical_score::musical_note::notes::guitar:

2 Likes

A lot of people say they like variety but at the same time prefer like-minded people. I’d say it does not take all sorts to make a world because the world would be better off without certain types of people. If people claim they like sharing ideas but are quick to add that they don’t expect other people to impose their ideas on them, what is actually meant by sharing ideas? Just listening to them and then discard them?

People don’t need to be 100% the same as I but being on the same wavelength is essential in the long run given that people don’t change nor want to be.

2 Likes

Music makes the world a better place. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think being around like minded people would be really great. No discord or angst. :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s the sort of thing which is likely to keep me up all night.

Another me?? One is more than enough.

1 Like

It’s a bit much to expect everybody to be perfect. :icon_wink:

1 Like

Thank you, your response elicited a chortle from me. :laughing:

1 Like

No , I’m too outspoken

2 Likes

Always good to say what is on your mind. Though people really do not wish to hear the truth.

No you don’t…

Ignoring me, that’s how I learn things. :laughing:

1 Like

Be nice to have a twin…Who was just like me…
:sunglasses: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Well, I’ve learnt that you disagree with me. :grinning:

2 Likes

Who said that?

2 Likes

I have one and it turned out, as we age, we have far less in common than people may think twins have. Haven’t seen or spoken to him for more than four years.

1 Like

Isn’t there any kind of link, emotional or psychic between you Dachs?
I’ve never had either a brother or sister so don’t know what connection I might have had…

1 Like

Long story but yes, there is, based on what we’ve been through together at a younger age and then again when our mother died. But such an emotional link seems to be eclipsed by other, more dominant factors.

I haven’t been getting on well with him since we were in our twenties. There have always been some ups and downs. The main reason for that was that my twin brother has always brought a - to my mind absolutely unnecessary - competitive element into our relationship which is totally alien to my nature yet apparently not to his. Whatever the field, sport or job or private life, he can’t accept it when I have done better than him and he makes me feel it , e.g., by refusing to come and see me. When I asked him what this keeping-up-with-me thing was supposed to mean he shrugged his shoulders and said he didn’t know, it was like a virus. So I understand the underlying reason is basically envy on his part. Plus he’s rather self-opinionated, looks down on me, and communicates to me in various ways that he feels superior which makes any conversation with him hard to bear. I can’t imagine him showing the same attitude towards other people but he seems to think that he can do so when talking to me. Sad. I acknowledge, though, that our relationship may be the exception rather than the rule.

3 Likes

Independent, stubborn, awkward, quick tempered, low tolerance with quite a few people both on and off line. :sweat_smile:
I think one of me is more than enough.

6 Likes

This is reminding me of that episode of Red Dwarf where he populated a whole planet Rimmers, then they overthrow him!

3 Likes

I already get on my own nerves and bore the pants off myself plus can start a fight in a phone box…….

3 Likes