World Toilet Paper Consumption

@The_Artful_Todger , Maybe you would know Todger ?
Do all Moslems have a bidet at home ??
I believe they don’t use toilet paper ?
Is this true ??
Donkeyman! :grin::grin:

1 Like

It depends on how devout they are. The instructions on how to clean themselves are very specific. It involves stones (instead of paper) and a whole lot more besides. Interestingly (or not) the mohammadan instructions are yet another thing that mohammad obviously heard about the orthodox Jews and what they did and once again got wrong. As for mozzies in their homes having bidets I have no idea. The only reason that we do is that having once encountered them they became a definite must have!

1 Like

That is a retrograde idea - we had ‘toilet towels’ when I was a small child. Mrs Stroughair, the housekeeper, used to boil them in a big copper thing in the yard!

We had Izal medicated toilet paper. It was crap!

2 Likes

Oh yes - I remember that too - horrid hard crinkly stuff! Good for use as tracing paper though!

2 Likes

Yes the tracing paper…:slight_smile:

1 Like

And I seem to remember the brother wrapping it around a comb and playing tunes - very odd.

4 Likes

Life in those days…:slight_smile:

1 Like

No, I suppose not but I can’t say I fancy it! :open_mouth:

Yes, I remember that, it made like a reed and it vibrated when you blew on it, like a trumpet

1 Like

Some of them don’t, but all of them wash with water and don’t just wipe with paper

Why go to the expense of fitting a bidet when you can fit one of these for a few dollars?

Even better I have plenty of toilet paper in case of a run on supplies (bit of a pun there)

1 Like

We used the good old dockleave.

3 Likes

Most Asians don’t use toilet paper either, they don’t believe that smearing shit over your bum with paper is very hygienic and prefer to use water - these days from a small spray as in my previous post. I tend to agree with them and fitted one in my toilet.

2 Likes

If you relieved yourself in a public latrine in ancient Rome, you may have used a tersorium to wipe. These ancient devices consisted of a stick with a vinegar- or salt water-soaked sponge attached.

Surely you would have to tie something to the other end of the stick so you would know which was yours and not share someone elses

I’ve never knowingly consumed any toilet paper.

But sewage farms recycle all that stuff so lord knows what comes out of the cold water tap here in London.

Now there is a nasty thought!

and another one!

Yes, we used to do that as kids, too. :smiley:

Strange thing to have invented when you think about it. I mean, who would have thought of wrapping loo paper round their comb, then trying to make tunes out of it? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

That’s why I never buy recycled toilet paper. I wonder who has to clean it?