World Rugby - Match discussions

No….tickets are ridiculously expensive.
Haven’t been to a men’s international since the nineties.
I won’t pay over £100 for a good seat and slightly less for one that needs binoculars.
Compare that to the fact I am going to an England v New Zealand women’s cricket match in June.
Cost me £16.

Under-20 Six Nations fixtures

All games are live on BBC iPlayer, BBC Sport website and mobile app.
Welsh games on S4C

Friday, 2 February

18:45 - Wales v Scotland

19:15 - Italy v England

Saturday, 3 February

20:10 - France v Ireland

Friday, 9 February

19:15 - England v Wales

19:15 - Ireland v Italy

20:00 - Scotland v France

Friday, 23 February

19:15 - Ireland v Wales

19:15 - Scotland v England

20:00 - France v Italy

Thursday, 7 March

19:45 Wales v France

Friday, 8 March

19:15 - Italy v Scotland

19:15 - England v Ireland

Friday, 15 March 2024

19:00 Ireland v Scotland

19:30 - Wales v Italy

20:00 - France v England

The Principality Stadium roof will be closed for Wales’ Six Nations clash with Scotland after a late U-turn.

The roof was set to be open on Saturday, with tournament regulations saying that both teams must agree for it to be closed.

However, despite initially opting for the roof to be left open, the Scottish management have now changed their mind - putting in a request to close the roof which was accepted by Wales

1 Like

Incredible start by Ireland and how many red cards will there be for high shots as players continue not to learn?

1 Like

England given a hard time in Italy who are no push over.
But first half in Cardiff could best be described as utter crap from the Wales point of view.
And another no penalty head clash( we had one of those in the World Cup) that under current rules I can’t see isn’t at least a yellow card and bunker review.
…….
But an incredible second half sees Wales lose by a point…that missed conversion proving vital.

1 Like

So what’s your verdict?Are you going to take encouragement from the second half or overall think they were rubbish? :grinning:

1 Like

Once they started playing they looked good.
If they can play like that from the start at Twickers they can beat England who were not that good in Italy.
But you can’t give sides 27 point starts.
Those sort of leads aren’t often overturned.

2 Likes

RIP Barry John.
A true legend.

“You throw it, I’ll catch it,”

2 Likes

Just seen this.

Retired far too early.

Barry John OBITUARY: He could tip-toe through a field of daffodils and not disturb a petal… farewell to the genius
And he never lost to England.

By Ian Malin-
The word genius is often overused in sport but in the case of Barry John it seems more than fitting. The Wales and Lions fly-half has died at the age of 79, a month after the passing of another Welsh legend, JPR Williams, and there is extra poignancy in that John’s departure came hours after one of the great Welsh comebacks in their 27-26 Six Nations defeat by Scotland in Cardiff on Saturday.

A statement released by John’s family on Sunday read: “Barry John died peacefully today at the University Hospital of Wales surrounded by his loving wife and four children. He was a loving dadcu [grandfather] to his 11 grandchildren and a much loved brother.

1 Like

Round 1 was very interesting. Ireland were singing :notes: perhaps a back to back win in sight. It is a rarity to win on French soil. Such a pity about that foul by one of our rugby exports.

Scotland were brilliant-Finn was buzzing! Great tries from our exports :face_with_hand_over_mouth: but, what a stupendous effort from Wales. Unbelievable comeback, you can never write those Welsh off.

England looked slightly disjointed against the Italians who seemed to be playing much better. The English played well though.

All in all, it was a great weekend of rugby!
I’m looking forward to round 2! :rugby_football:

1 Like

Hadn’t occurred to me that Wales had picked up two bonus points.

1 Like

How ridiculous.What is this bonus points thing,is it to encourage more attacking rugby?

2 Likes

4 tries -1 point
Losing by seven or fewer -one point

Wales did both on Saturday…so two points.
Yes…to encourage more attacking play but I think Wales missed a trick on Saturday.
15 behind they turned down a kickable penalty…had it gone over two converted tries would have won it,
They got the 14 points but were chasing another score.
I’m a firm believer in winning the game first then getting the bonus point for four tries.
They have an extra point( perhaps two) for a team if they do the Grand Slam because it’s possible ,otherwise, a team could win all five games but get no bonus points and not finish top.

2 Likes

I’m sure we’ve not seen the last of France. Probably one of their slow starts which they are well known for.

1 Like

I was scrolling through TV channels once and was delighted to see a programme called " Gareth Edwards’s Great Welsh Adventure". Sir Gareth and his wife Maureen touring around Wales and having various experiences on the way. I could just imagine him touching down a try many years ago. A great friend of Barry John I imagine.

1 Like

Here in Wales he could until fairly recently be seen advertising bricks on S4Cs as breaks.
Will see if I can find it.

A ref in the ranks… interesting :thinking:

1 Like

IMG_8120

Sco
Eng
Irl

1 Like

You’re betting against your own country :021:

1 Like