World Rugby - Match discussions

Well England have to face these guys now. They’ll have to produce some sort of magic!

Brilliant game…
Predicting an SA v NZ final….
But Argentina have beaten NZ recently.
Can’t see England getting close to SA……there are better sides out of the tournament.

1 Like

Owen Farrell made a good drop goal. His kicking could beflummox the opposition like Johnny Wilkinson did in the past.

This is knock out rugby and it’s anyone’s game on the day. England are out for revenge. It’s going to be another scintillating game! A proper test! May the best team win.

1 Like

Although England have improved as the contest has progressed its bound to be SA and NZ in the final. It’ll be a real cruncher of a match!

1 Like

So Argentina failed to turn up again…shame they did against us not that we’d have beaten NZ.
I really can’t see England getting close but they beat NZ in 2019 before getting stuffed by SA.
NZ v SA would be a dream final….shame I’m at a concert when it’s on!

Champions find a way to win………England fans will be feeling like we Welsh did four years ago.
Not sure how we lost then….and not sure how England lost tonight……but we both did.

So we have a potentially great final….that I’ll be missing.
I’m seeing Australian Pink Floyd next Saturday evening……if I get home without finding out the result it will be a miracle!

It’s was a close match and a real test. Not the best conditions. There’s a lot of things to work on before we meet our Southern Hemisphere brothers. We are both vying for our 4th crown.

There’s no better team for SA to lose against than the All Blacks. My second favourite team. May the best team win.

2 Likes

What a match and what a shame for England .
SA was only ahead for 2.5 minutes of the. game the last 2.5

1 Like

I would have a preferred a North/South final though.Ireland on a par with those two,I think.

2 Likes

What a good kick from Handre Pollard in those wet conditions!

2 Likes

Wayne Barnes to referee Rugby World Cup final

Wayne Barnes is reportedly set to to take charge of the Rugby World Cup final. It would be the first time the man widely regarded as the world’s best, will have been given the honour.

Barnes is the most experienced referee in Test rugby history. It is thought that he will be supported by Tom Foley, a Premiership colleague, as television match official (TMO).

An official announcement on the assistant referees for the decider, as well as the officials for the third-place play-off between England and Argentina, will be delayed to give Jaco Peyper as much time as possible to recover from a calf injury.

The South African hobbled off during Wales’ quarter final against Argentina last week.

1 Like

So England came 3rd….not sure how!

1 point France :fr:
1 point England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
1 point New Zealand :new_zealand:
1 point blessing :south_africa:

We are the World Champions again!

See you in four years time in Australia :australia:

2 Likes

By the skin of your teeth !

1 Like

A win is a win. You’re a sore loser but then again, you’re English. :wilted_flower:

1 Like

2 Likes

Zzzzzzzz.

1 Like

Well done South Africa….a final not without controversy and I again find myself wondering if the big games are being refereed by the guys off the pitch!
Might have been a different result without all the technology.
Can’t really see the difference between the NZ sending off and the non-SA sending off.
There was an incident in the Wales-Argentina game -not dissimilar-that the ref ruled was not even a penalty.
I give up!

Well played SA!

Enjoyed watching the games.