World Cup 2022

Epic win!

2 Likes
2 Likes

A match that progressed like death through the middle 40 minutes suddenly erupted with a soft penalty, excellently taken, and possibly the goal of the tournament from Mbappe. But overall Argentina, by which I mean Messi, deserved the win.

3 Likes

1 Like

Eternal

Really good.Reminds me of 1978.Political shenanigans on and off the pitch but a really good final.

1 Like

May seem odd but I have no idea who won. Not seen it even on the news when I switched the TV half way through the chat about it

1 Like

Out of support for the LBGQT community, coupled (more pressingly) with complete disinterest and apathy, I’ve not seen a single minute of it apart from when accidentally flicking onto a channel on the assumption that something wlse was on.

There was a lot of man hugging and crying going on, not sure about that.

1 Like

Those who didn’t see it missed out .
Man hugging is allowed in football matches .
Sometimes we British are so starchy and uptight at times it’s good to get a bit of latin passion .:slight_smile:

In the 70s not much passion was evident, now it is here in bucketfulls. :grin:

At this late stage FGS.

And Argentina need a Scotsman to win the cup :rofl: well he must be Scottish with a name like MacAllister :rofl:

I was asleep when it was on

This post is not to take away from the Qatar’s human rights violations but merely to explain the significance.

For those that don’t know — the black cloak that Messi is wearing is a Bisht—meaning ‘nobility’ or ‘dignity’. It has been worn in the Arab world for thousands of years. It is an honour, and marks him as the legend that he is!!!

And it is impossible to be clothed with that, if you are not really worthy of it; especially from someone like the prince(Emir of Qatar).

the bisht is made of gold and the finest types of cloth in the world.

Bit unfortunate it looks like mosquito netting .

1 Like

A fitting end

https://youtube.com/shorts/kalUzuC-Q-M?feature=share

2 Likes

Great stuff
Avenida de Maya wish I was there .

1 Like

Me too! It looks awesome

When I was young I lived in Argentina
Buenos Aires Is my favourite city although its over 30 years since I was last there.

1 Like