World Chocolate day 2021

It seems that Monday, 13th of Sep is International Chocolate Day.

Google informs that…World Chocolate Day is an annual global celebration of chocolate. It marks the introduction of the food to Europe in 1550.

Chocolate was brought to Spain in drink form by Spanish conquistador Hernán Cortés, but before it became a treat, the bitter chocolatey drink was used as a medicine.

Chocolate’s form began to change in 1828, when Coenraad van Houten from Amsterdam invented the “cocoa press”, which was able to separate the fat from a cacao bean and leave behind a fine powder.

The method led to the mass production of chocolate, which made the food available to the wider public.

The chocolate bar was finally born in 1847, when British chocolatier J.S. Fry and Sons set the fat and liquid, with sugar, in moulds. Then, Swiss chocolatier Daniel Peter added powdered milk to the mix to make the world’s first milk chocolate bar.

4 Likes

I have just been accused of eating the last slice of the ‘especial’ Chocolate Cake I made a few days ago…
he said did you have it for Breakfast…well of course I did…
Can’t wait that long …13th September…nope :chocolate_bar: …Gee3
p.s. love these kind of posts…

2 Likes

Mind if I celebrate early? And tomorrow too? :smiley:

3 Likes

Fry’s/Cadbury had a factory in Keynsham, (town where I live)now a big housing estate. You could smell the chocolate in the air :chocolate_bar::chocolate_bar:

History of the factory:

1 Like

and me too :smiley: love chocolate :chocolate_bar: :chocolate_bar:

Bring on the chocolate!

2 Likes

Wow! Thank you Bratti :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for that now I want chocolate cake :clown_face:

1 Like

My pleasure. What a tease though. Now I want chocolate. :joy:

2 Likes