Working with editing

Bit bored so thought I would go try my new 82mm UV filter while the light allows

Original photo

now edited

the point is just to show. like it or not, what messing about with a photo can do

3 Likes

Well, it sure has removed the house :wink:–> :grin::+1:

I love the sky in the second one!

2 Likes

Me too!

Wow! :astonished: The difference is almost significant. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It looks nothing like the original. Was that the aim…

I think so, yes…its the filter effect :camera_flash:

Not just the filter although that helped, it is what can be done with a simple bit of editing, Cropping the photo to the most photogenic part of the picture using the tree trunks as a kind of frame. Removing any haze and increasing saturation slightly. The small twigs overhanging at the top to add depth to the picture. Little tricks can make all the difference I think

2 Likes

Well yes, its certainly made a difference here, well done! :+1:

I suppose part of the art I am still learning is to be able to see and grab the opportunity when it occures

1 Like

Seizing the moment…yes. I suppose that’s the great thing about digital as opposed to film…you can fire off a lot of different shots and see them immediately, rather than have to guess and wait until the film gets developed and back to you.

Heading working with editing. We got sidetracked

1 Like

I hope you have so much fun with it…I can’t wait to see the kind of things you can do with it! And yes, I agree with trying out one feature at a time so you get used to it. I tend to do that myself…I’m not one for looking at the booklet of instructions…who has time for that?! :joy:

Bloody hell, you have only had the Sony 5 minutes, after you did all that research on its suitability too. Has it ever been out of your garden?

I don’t think any of the equipment has ever been out of the garden. I suspect that even the rhinos live in the garden. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thread heading is working with editing we got sidetracked

Not really, plenty of editing going on as per thread title.

See? still on track. So fine to continue…

So excusing the blonde factor, but I have to ask…effects done with/using the camera and its functions? Or done post the taking of the picture?

Very good question often asked.
The standard answer is to try and get it right in the camera first. Of course that depends on what functions a camera has and what you are trying to achieve.
However you may not be able to remove unwanted objects in the picture with a camera as just one example that is where editing can help. There is then the arguement that is not what was actually seen which is a fair point.
It is really all down to personal choice as to how a photo or video is presented. Showing an edited photo to someone who wasn’t there at the time would know no difference.

1 Like

Thanks very much, appreciated.
Photography is art, so the representation is up to the artist, the viewer/audience is responsible for perception I suppose
All I want to do is look younger :sweat_smile: