WORDLE word game

A way to exercise the mind, I will be giving that a go later today, it gets a :+1::+1: from me.

The rude or the regular version, Pauline? :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

1 Like

I havenā€™t checked out the rude version,STā€¦Iā€™ll leave that oneā€¦I like the one JBR postedā€¦the OP one.:+1:

1 Like

My daughter and her pals play it every dayā€¦she keeps telling me about itā€¦might give it a go.

1 Like

Iā€™m resisting the urge to get into this game. Iā€™ve even seen posts about it on facebook from friends. Not sure why itā€™s annoying.

You donā€™t have to share your score on f/b, thatā€™s just for show offs. One advantage is that you can only do one a day, so getting addicted isnā€™t going to be a problem.

1 Like

Donā€™t you believe it!

2 Likes

One thing that does intrigue me is why the people who run it do it?

There doesnā€™t seem to be any product placement or advertising like in Facebook games and you donā€™t have to pay anything

It must cost them a bit for servers and that sort of thing, so what do they get back out of it?

Did it in three moves this morning. :slight_smile:

Very addictiveā€¦

1 Like

Show off! Yes - it is addictive - I have heard of some people staying up until well after midnight waiting for the new grid - and then failing!

I managed three yesterday, but it took me four today :frowning_face:

Haha, no thanks! I think my lewd/rude vocabulary is very possibly a bit too limited for this one!

1 Like

sounds horrendous. I am steering clear. It seems that once you are hooked there is no way out and then you have to wait all day. Reminds me of Squid games :exploding_head:

1 Like

Oh guess what? Iā€™ve just found a game in the iPhone App Store that is identical to Wordle! Itā€™s called Wordex. Now I can get properly addicted to it and not have to wait a whole day for a new puzzle :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Yes, it took me five attempts just now. On the fourth attempt I had it all correct except the initial letter, so the next go was quite easy really. Still only five though.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly what happened to me!!

Ah, but if I hadnā€™t seen a family member ā€œshowing offā€ on F/book, I would not have heard of Wordle and found my way to their website -
well, not until this thread cropped up, anyway!

I can never resist a Word Puzzle :face_with_monocle:

Not showing off; just healthy competitionā€¦

and one-upmanship! :rofl:

Hmm ā€¦ never heard of it before ā€¦tried it and did it in 4.

But I had to think! And Iā€™m not the most patient person.

FOUR? Oh, you show-off!