Women's World Cup

Netherlands 2 Italy 0
Netherlands deserved their victory. Now for Germany v Sweden.

The game tonight between Germany & Sweden, was the best one so far in my opinion. Very close, lots of action, and a few debatable decisions . Whoever of the four semi-finalists that wins in the final, will truly be worthy winners. :-):slight_smile:

So glad Sweden won :slight_smile:

Me  too!

Regards Donkeyman!

I didn’t think this anti German feeling extended into the women’s game :slight_smile:
I fancy the Netherlands to beat the Swedes. Not sure about England v America. Could go either way.

President Trump has invited team to White House if they win, at least one player has declined. Good on her.

Looking forward to the England v America game tonight.

We are out .
The Americans did for us.

Why ???

America just edge it in a close game.

Everything that could have gone wrong for England, did. Sloppy defending for both USA goals, a missed penalty, a goal chalked for offside by a fingernail, a sending off, and most importantly, beaten by the better side. The US must be hot favourites to win the cup on Sunday.;-);-):wink:

I watched it…I thought the USA deserved to win but our girls really tried hard…it wasn’t their day …that penalty I was so hoping it would go in…oh well :frowning:

Maybe our Ladies were playing Football, and the Yank Lasses were playing Soccer?

I’ve watched most of the World Cup and whenever I’ve seen the USA, I’ve always thought that they are going to win it again, they just seem to work harder on the pitch, and look the most accomplished team, they are supremely fit, and I can’t see either Sweden, or the Netherlands beating them, our girls gave the USA a run for their money though, although this World Cup has done so much for women’s football, it will inspire the next generation of women footballers all over the world…

I didn’t see the match but have been watching it on the news all morning. What’s strange is that they haven’t mentioned the sending off at all.

The referee showed the player a second yellow card near the end, before being told, I assume by headphone, that she had to go. The refereeing in the competition has certainly not been up to snuff.:-(:-(:

https://footballnewspapers.com/us-soccer-star-megan-rapinoe-preemptively-declines-white-house-invite-i-have-no-interest/

VAR video assisted refereeing is too slow, took ages for the decision to give a penalty to England.

It was a crucial decision. They had to have a good look at it. Personally I did not think it was a penalty. Also with the offside goal it needed a closer look. Very marginal.

I do not think it will be so popular in the Premier League, starting this season. Too long a delay will not go down well with fans.