Women's Pensions Action

That’s not the point, SF.
Lots of women were not informed about the age change, some who were didn’t have time to make other arrangements .
Women earn less than men, have to bring up children, care for elderly relatives, yes, I know some men do too, but mostly women, some care for retired husbands too who may be unwell.
Some are affected by loss of heating allowances, bus passes and bedroom tax which are all influenced by State Pension Age.
I’m not getting into an argument about retirement age should be equal, in an equal world it would be fine.
I’m just passing on information to other women who may benefit from the link I posted.
End of!

It is simply if you don’t pay into a state pension then you should not take out.

You don’t get a pension unless you pay in realspeed. I won’t get one I’m just hoping there is enough benefit system still to help out or I’m not sure what will happen.

So we burden them with unemployment instead ?

Claim disabilty benefits or get an apprenticeship, that’s the Government’s answer to women whose pensions are being paid 5+ years after expected!
If you read some of the personal stories of women on the WASPI website they’re heartbreaking .

It is terrible how they brought this out, same with all the benefit cuts. I feel very sorry for so many people but too many think it’s ok to change it IMO

Hi

What unemployment?

It is the lowest for decades and when we do introduce Immigration Controls it will be even lower.

People will have to move for the jobs though, you go where the money is.

My family had to, only one of us still in Huddersfield where we grew up.

Oh not another bloody Norman Tebbit!!!:evil::evil::evil:

Community means little to some, family even less I guess. I’ve never hankered after moving away for any reason, too many ties here.

Hi

The biggest Norman Tebbit in history was your hero, Stalin.

But he wasn’t here this afternoon advocating breaking up families and communities. It’s time we realised its that sort of thing making our lives worse not better.

Hi

We have choices in life, you can either move to improve your standard of life or choose to stay.

If you choose to stay, that is fine, but do not expect others to pay for that choice.

It is along overdue issue regarding Equality between the sexes,m should have been addressed years ago. Of course no one likes it but they will continue to make retirement something we have to wait longer to achieve, but we are living longer and funding payments for pensioners with an ever decreasing pot is going to have to be addressed.

It was always unfair to make men work 5 years longer as they tend to die sooner than women, and how they expect men to now work in heavy industries is a bloody joke.

Using the census should have gave a clue as to how we are all living longer.

Lol I wonder how much it would have cost the country if I’d done that 4 elderly adults one with mental health problems, 4 kids all taken care of here by me and my husband. Or we could have moved and left them all to the system to take care of. I believe it’s an awful lot for children to be taken into care. It’s £700 at least a week for an elderly person.

I agree but it would have been fairer to make retirement earlier for men.

Sorry Julie but as we are struggling to fund pensions now, so that would never happen.

Its about being realistic action to fund pensions was needed decades ago all governments have failed us.

Yes, I don’t think anyone would have minded paying more NI contributions if it meant fairer pensions for all.

I feel very worried for the young people of today .
How can they save for their pensions?
They are going to have to work until they are nearly 70 and that is just at the moment .
Everything costs so much the state pension will be worth squat if you live long enough to get it .
Bleak times for them.

All due to the present scumbag ‘nasty party’ Government!!!

I quite agree .
I am getting sick of the sound of communities as if some people have a God given right to be catered for in a cosy community .
Many people would like to live near their nearest and dearest and where they know everyone but they can’t becuase of lack of employment or housing .

I’ve dug up this ancient wrinkly thread because I saw this on my Facebook timeline this morning and couldn’t agree more.

We were robbed and no media coverage of the continuing battle

“We all know that the pension age for women born in the fifties has been raised. Did you know a campaign called "Back to 60 movement "has won the right to a Judicial Review and is taking the DWP to the High Court ? On the 5th and 6th June they will attempt to get the 3.9 million women justice over non consultation in raising the pensionable to 66 and above. Michael Mansfield QC will lead the case and the argument for the movement. However there does not appear to be any media coverage regarding this significant event. That is why I am raising the awareness now. Let’s hope and pray for justice rightly deserved PLEASE, PLEASE COPY AND PASTE
Seems to be a media blackout on this issue which suggests that the government have put a block on the media reporting it - this is exactly what social media is good at. so share the hell out of it please. Come on ladies this is worth a great deal to you.”