Women's Pensions Action

We 1950’s women are still fighting for our pensions.
If this affects you here is a link to the template letters of complaint to the DWP.
http://www.waspi.co.uk/action

I’m obviously not personally affected, but am with you all the way Tess darlin’ .

Not another moan from women, they have the vote now so use it. My wife gets a state pension so don’t know what they are complaining about

Good luck with that I really hope you get justice. As a 60s woman I am affected as I will retire later but I don’t think it’s as bad as you are suffering.

Possibly because we haven’t had time to do anything to mitigate the later retirement age.

Good for you and your wife!
Some of us have not been so lucky!
Stand still while I poink ya! :slight_smile:

Now don’t waste those poinks tess you may need them for more official targets before your fight is finished.

it is all based on a longer life span so women and men are not loosing out.

Just thought the link may be useful for those of us who need help with this serious problem which affects thousands of us, Julie. But ho hum…

Well I’m hoping you win tess I feel rather hard done by because of it all so I think I’d feel even worse if in were older when it happened.

I’m not so sure they are keeping us all working longer and paying the young unemployment benefit. Makes not a lot of sense to me.

Hi

It makes perfect sense, we have simply not paid enough to cope with longer life expectancies.

It is totally unfair to burden our children and grandchildren with horrendous costs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40826562

Other developed countries get far more pensions, but they have paid for them, we haven’t.

That’s not the point, SF.
Lots of women were not informed about the age change, some who were didn’t have time to make other arrangements .
Women earn less than men, have to bring up children, care for elderly relatives, yes, I know some men do too, but mostly women, some care for retired husbands too who may be unwell.
Some are affected by loss of heating allowances, bus passes and bedroom tax which are all influenced by State Pension Age.
I’m not getting into an argument about retirement age should be equal, in an equal world it would be fine.
I’m just passing on information to other women who may benefit from the link I posted.
End of!

It is simply if you don’t pay into a state pension then you should not take out.

You don’t get a pension unless you pay in realspeed. I won’t get one I’m just hoping there is enough benefit system still to help out or I’m not sure what will happen.

So we burden them with unemployment instead ?

Claim disabilty benefits or get an apprenticeship, that’s the Government’s answer to women whose pensions are being paid 5+ years after expected!
If you read some of the personal stories of women on the WASPI website they’re heartbreaking .

It is terrible how they brought this out, same with all the benefit cuts. I feel very sorry for so many people but too many think it’s ok to change it IMO

Hi

What unemployment?

It is the lowest for decades and when we do introduce Immigration Controls it will be even lower.

People will have to move for the jobs though, you go where the money is.

My family had to, only one of us still in Huddersfield where we grew up.

Oh not another bloody Norman Tebbit!!!:evil::evil::evil: