Woman mauled to death by 8 dogs in Caterham

Poor lady, that’s awful :disappointed:

Eight dogs is an awful lot to be in charge of, a pack really

Perhaps there should be restrictions on how many one person is allowed to walk in public places?

I’ve always thought dog walkers using public parks for their business should be charged a fee

I am worried at the increase of the popularity of extremely dangerous dogs .
Some breeds like the Belgium Mallinois are extremely intelligent and are used extensively by military security . At this they are wonderful being courageous clever dogs doing a job with experienced handlers . However they are not a dog for everyone many breeds are not , and some people really should not have dogs at all .

2 Likes

I commented on this earlier. This morning, I was strolling my dog down the hill, no lead required. There was a woman coming back up the hill with a pit bull on the lead. Not a happy chappy. Nor the woman. At the time I didn’t hear what she said. Later my wife translated. The woman was convinced that her dog and mine were going to get it into a a big way. Not a bit of it. “Max, let’s go” was all than it needed.

There is a little background. We trained Max to do what he should. It is not that hard.

1 Like

Me too. They are all beautiful animals and those that attack just end up with misguided or irresponsible owners who think training a dog should involve violence and cruelty. Or they just don’t know enough about keeping a dog and cannot handle such powerful breeds.

Along with banning any new imports/sales, there should be a requirement for any existing owners to have a licence and special annual training if they want to continue to keep these breeds. That would soon put all such owners under scrutiny and root out those who don’t care enough. The dog breeding business is a very murky and heartbreaking world. I get very upset thinking about it.

It’s not always about cruelty and violence , the dog that killed her was her own dog .
An American Bully ( ie what is basically a big pit bull )
This breed should be banned it’s a dangerous dog no matter who owns it .
Sometimes people are just incompetent with animals , they love them but they do not have a command over them .
These people should stick to Guinea pigs or goldfish or at worst some small dog unlikely to kill you even if it does bite .
( ie Jack Russells can be snappy but no one has been actually killed by one )

Guinea pigs and goldfish don’t have the same street cred bro innit.

True but yobs dogs don’t kill their owners .
They kill other people .
This woman was a dog walker supposedly used to dogs and it was her own dog that punctured her jugular .