Woman, 48, spends two years posing as her 22-year-old daughter

Ash Cant

Ash Cant

Fri, 10 December 2021, 2:42 am·2-min read

A mother who stole her estranged daughter’s identity to obtain loans and go to college, has pleaded guilty to Social Security fraud.

Laura A Oglesby, a 48-year-old mother from Missouri, used a stolen identity to enrol in a college, after applying for a fraudulent Social Security card in 2016.

Assistant Chief of the Mountain View Police, Stetson Schwien, said Oglesby had the “whole bit”, in terms of fake documents and was even able to get a Missouri ID in her daughter’s name, Lauren Ashleigh Hays.

• I couldn’t find out what the daughter thought of it, but given her own mother is clearly a bad 'un, no wonder the daughter became estranged from her.
2 Likes

Very odd. She could potentially have created all sorts of problems for her daughter

1 Like

Clearly concern for her daughter didn’t feature very highly in her list of priorities…I hope the daughter can get out of whatever financial trouble her mother landed her in!

2 Likes

I used to deal with this when I was in Social Services. You would see the parents putting utilities in the child’s name, because the parents had delinquent accounts. I tried telling them they were ruining the child’s credit before the child was even out of High School, but they do it anyway. :sob: :sob: :sob:

1 Like