With the possibility of power cuts will you be shopping for candles?

I have a stock of candles and candle holders as well as torches.

I recall going through the blackouts during the war in the early 40s and carrying our candles up the stairs to bed.

Also the power cuts in ‘73 when I brought home my 7 week premature twins from hospital…. changing nappies by torchlight is no joke! :grinning:

Been there, done it, as the saying goes! :grinning:

3 Likes

There’s a torch with no removable batteries … but just a USB thing to plug into your computer. I’ve had one for years, very bright light.

https://www.bigredbranding.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/10422700.jpg

Except if you get a power cut…:slight_smile:

Go buy a generator a bit noise but there. :laughing: :innocent:

I bought a diesel generator for £100 from eBay in the spring. Used it a couple of times already. It will not run the whole house for example with the washing machine tumble dryer TV etc on you cannot do the vacuuming but it is pretty good. It is noisy but our nearest neighbours are far enough away to not worry. Oh and I can run it on red or I can doctor some heating oil with a bit of engine oil to make it lubricate like diesel so not too expensive to run. I suppose I could weld up a better exhaust system. So power cuts will not hold too much dread for us.

1 Like

The only time I’ve used my Phone Torch this year is when I open the dark cupboard to read my electricity meter!
Recently, I’ve been reading my meter more often than I used to! :wink:

Yeah, right…

Got a couple of battery operated lamps.
And an old Walkman that the radio works on!
No candles

I have a little wind up torch in the shape of a pig. the light shines through the snout. I think it came from Lidl years ago.

The smoke alarms have sealed batteries that a guaranteed for ten years. So there must be torches like that too somewhere.

I would be concerned if I had an electric car, oh, wait a minute, that may be the cause of the problem. :icon_wink:

Or the solution…

My god, the scenario is unfathomable, what will come first, the Chicken or the Egg?

No one will get to work the next day, either way.

It’s OK, 100% of the people I know with an electric car have a diesel as backup.

I hope you do not know just one person.

Let’s see what happens.

It is true, I do only know one person with an electric car.

Oh shit.

Got a couple of battery powered lamps