With the possibility of power cuts will you be shopping for candles?

The only time I’ve used my Phone Torch this year is when I open the dark cupboard to read my electricity meter!
Recently, I’ve been reading my meter more often than I used to! :wink:

Yeah, right…

Got a couple of battery operated lamps.
And an old Walkman that the radio works on!
No candles

I have a little wind up torch in the shape of a pig. the light shines through the snout. I think it came from Lidl years ago.

The smoke alarms have sealed batteries that a guaranteed for ten years. So there must be torches like that too somewhere.

I would be concerned if I had an electric car, oh, wait a minute, that may be the cause of the problem. :icon_wink:

Or the solution…

My god, the scenario is unfathomable, what will come first, the Chicken or the Egg?

No one will get to work the next day, either way.

It’s OK, 100% of the people I know with an electric car have a diesel as backup.

I hope you do not know just one person.

Let’s see what happens.

It is true, I do only know one person with an electric car.

Oh shit.

Got a couple of battery powered lamps

Yes good Idea, we have a couple of camping lamps and one or two other LED light sources, let’s just hope that these power cuts don’t come to pass.

2 Likes

With dependency on electric more power to those who are profiteering, pump prices are a clear sign drivers again are picking up the tab for the government.

1 Like

No we won’t they’re a fire hazard, we have torches. If it does happen and i think that it won’t.

Yes, they do need to be enjoyed with caution, we’ve got one or two burning at the moment, they never get left unattended. But yes, as far as powercuts are concerned torches/LED’s deffo the way to go. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I agree. We used LEDs on industrial projects from about 1992,

1 Like