Winter & Humans

Winter…when happiness hibernates! I want Summer back!

I like winter. We don’t get snow these days. I think the last significant lot was about seven years ago.

2 Likes

@Besoeker , Is that Max, he looks a nice dog!
Aintmthey all ?? :+1::grin::+1:

Poor little chap has cold feet! Get him a couple of pairs of wellies! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

My way of looking at Winter is that it will last for about 12 weeks and time flies.
You blink your eyes and before you know it, the light nights are gradually back and the snowdrops and crocus are peeping through the ground. Delicate little flowers pushing their way through the frozen ground.
They give me strength because if they can survive why can’t we…

Soppy me being a romanticist about spring flowers!!

1 Like

:snowflake: :snowman:

1 Like

Any day of cold weather is too long a week, for me! Those 12 weeks wouldn’t be so bad if I could hibernate until late Spring!

Let’s look at the positives. What other time of year could you make up a litre thermos flask of mulled wine and take it to the local warm bank?

I don’t mind Winter, and I love clear, bright cold days

But I’m not a fan of Autumn. All that moist and mellow, Last Rose of Summer feel is really depressing. The end of the good times and reminds me of getting old and dying

I enjoy winter, at least up until the very end of December, fireworks, roast chestnuts, gathering holly. It’s January and February that can feel a bit gloomy and desolate.

Yes, a handsome fellow and, more importantly he has a lovely temperament…,
Aintmthey all ?? You’ll have to explain that for me…

Their feet is a problem in hot weather especially on the pavement. We just don’t let him out except in the early morning.

@Besoeker Well in my experience the dog reflects the owner, so in that respect
all dogs are naturally nice! :+1::grin::+1:

I’m you are right. When I was a teenager, a very long time ago, I had a Collie much like Max. He went pretty much everywhere with me. One New Years eve we went to a neighbour’s house and they had a dog. It was a brother from the same litter. I absently went to stroke him - it looked exactly like mine. except it bit me.

@Besoeker, OUCH ! He obviously thought you were being too familiar ?
I bet it wasn’t a hard bite though ! :+1::grin::+1:

Enough to draw blood. But it was my fault - it was the wrong do.

1 Like