Winter Fuel Payment for State Pension recipients

I’m confused Frankie? We are talking about Winter fuel payments. :confused:

Got my letter this morning. Not gone into account yet.

This is the order in which I think the Winter Fuel Payments are paid

Could be .

I’m on Four Weekly Pension, which should mean I’m paid last … :017:

We don’t know if this is correct but I fall into number 1 and my payment went in last week .

So Frankie’s theory is incorrect because you’ve already been paid, same week as me and I’m weekly with PC.:confused:

I’m on 4 weekly and was paid 19/11 …

I’m on weekly pension and was also paid on 19th Mags. :102:

… so it’s not how frequent you are paid. :102:

Just checked my online bank account, and mine went in today! I’m paid every 4 weeks, on a Friday.

Mine was paid into my account yesterday, it’s usually around this time in November that it’s paid every year. It doesn’t much matter to me when it’s paid as I give it away anyway! :slight_smile:

I received a letter from the Pensions people today to say, my winter fuel payment will be paid into my account, within the next three weeks.

But still no one has come up with the order of selection the DWP use ? :lol:

Perhaps it’s random so that no-one can “claim” preference … :wink:

Perhaps it’s like retirement first payment dates, they are set by our National Insurance number. When I retired I expected pension payments to commence from my birthday but they did not. Further checking found how that is done.

Nothing is seldom straightforward where the government is concerned, always far more awkward and involved than is often necessary I feel. Try using some of the Inland Revenue websites for VAT or income tax assessment and that soon becomes apparent. Where it would be expected to click on the usual button or similar that is not the case, there may be a column heading that has to be clicked on instead. Confusing? Definitely!

The one exception to that may have been Vehicle Excise licensing. However, it soon becomes obvious that is not so. Those who own vehicles that are exempt as the emissions are below a certain level have to apply to pay nothing every year. What a waste of everybody’s time that is and not to comply means a fine as many, including ex-police officers, have found to their cost. :frowning:

It must be the ‘favourites’ that are paid first…hence why l haven’t received mine yet!:lol::lol:

:blush: :wink:

Today I received notification that the Winter Fuel Allowance will be paid into my account within the next three weeks. :slight_smile:

This had already been paid into my account on 25 November 2019! :confused: :slight_smile:

Does the Department of Works and Pensions know what it’s doing, does the right hand know what the left hand is doing? Totally b****y useless, except for perhaps that it was at least paid and did not require chasing up! :wink: :slight_smile:

Perhaps, as an ex-employee of DWP, that’s why I received my payment two weeks ago … :wink: