Winter Fuel Payment for State Pension recipients

Does anyone know in which order recipients get paid ?
By process of elimination it’s not
By your age .
By last letter of your NI number .
Just something that’s a topic of conversation at the moment " have you had yours ?"

1 Like

Zuleika, l don’t know but because l receive mine well after others. I presumed that it is alphabetical as my surname begins with a letter towards the end of the alphabet.

I don’t usually get mine until well into December.

I saw mine was paid in the bank around the middle of last week.

My husband has received his but I am still waiting for mine - same surname of course, so I don’t think it can be based on that for order of receipt.

Mine is towards the end of the alphabet Art , payment was in my account second week in November .
My NI ends in an A but others with that have NOT been paid .

Might it be to do with postcode do you think?

My sister and her husband have the same area postcode as me but they get theirs a while before me.

My NI number ends in C

We received notification letters a couple of weeks ago and it went into the bank on 19th Nov. Our surname is in the middle of the alphabet.

Mine was paid in on the 19th.

My NINO ends in “D”.

Now, my sis said our sis in law got hers a week or so back, and I said ‘maybe it’s because she’s on benefits, or got a cold weather payment.’ I didn’t realise they have started paying out.

Interesting.

Nope, nothing for me yet.

Considered it was by payment office areas but dismissed after one of a
cohabiting couple has got theirs but the other hasn’t .

Mine is always latish, my surname is near the end of the alphabet but as long as it arrives that’s OK with me. ;0

I often receive mine in December around the 12th , my name is quite a long way down the alphabet about 2/3rds through.

Most payments are made automatically between November and December. You should get your money by 13 January 2020.

Looks like once you’ve got it , it arrives more or less the same week each year .
I wonder if it’s those who have been getting it the most number of years get it first ?

My wife and I got ours this month on the 19th.

As did I but the question asked is what system does the DWP use sending out to all of us thousands eligible ones ? As in who’s first in the queue?
Mine went into the bank on the 11th actually .
Is it oldest first served ?:wink:

I received mine last week but my neighbours - who are both older than me - haven’t received theirs yet - so it isn’t age, isn’t postcode, and can’t be surname because theirs would come before mine! Anybody’s guess. One cannot expect logic from a government department!:smiley:

I have tried to find out the answer to your question about in what order this is paid out Zuleiker, but find out anything.

As someone said about wanting to pay theirs back and couldn’t, I did manage to find this:

Q. - I can afford my fuel bills. Can I refuse the money?

A - Some people who have healthy incomes feel they should not receive the winter fuel payment. However, there isn’t any way to simply refuse the payment, as Joan Bakewell discovered.
Instead, you could donate the money to charity.

Seems a bit crazy doesn’t it?