Winter Fuel Payment 2021, notifications

The WFP as it stands today, is £200 per household irrespective of how many pensioners who qualify make up that household. My wife and I each receive £100 as the DWP divide the payment.

@Bruce , So would they call that a cooling supplement then Brucy ??
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

We receive £300 because my husband is over 80. £200 goes to him and £100 to me.

No Assman, it is called, as I said, an Energy Supplement. Here’s a picture:

https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/age-pension/how-much-you-can-get

Here below is the official UK Government payment scale for WFL:-

How much you get depends on your circumstances during the qualifying week. The qualifying week for winter 2021 to 2022 is 20 to 26 September 2021.

Any money you get is tax-free and will not affect your other benefits.

Born between 27 September 1941 and 26 September 1955 Born on or before 26 September 1941
You qualify and live alone (or none of the people you live with qualify) £200 £300
You qualify and live with someone under 80 who also qualifies £100 £200
You qualify and live with someone 80 or over who also qualifies £100 £150
You qualify, live in a care home and do not get certain benefits £100 £150

Winter fuel allowance to Christmas Turkeys was a bit of a stretch. I think someone mentioned getting a Christmas bonus, which led to not enough turkeys in the U.K., which led to the French sending us some, which led to some not buying them because they were French, which led to animal cruelty! Us old people are easily diverted, you’ll get there!

Do pensioners still get that £10? Christmas bonus and will it cover the cost of a French turkey?:scream:

BONUS?? That’s an effin insult! Bonus, my arse … I’d like to shove my tenner up the DWP’s collective arses! Yes, it’s still paid annually and I’d like to know what the government intends each recipient to spend that massive tenner on.

Bonus for good behaviour … I’ve earnt it. :icon_cool:

1 Like

Okaaay, I’ll take that as a yes, you still get it then! :joy: :joy:

But that’s my problem with these pay outs that aren’t means tested. It’s not very much money so it will only really make a difference to those very hard up, on pension credit for example

So what’s the point of paying it to wealthy pensioners? Wouldn’t it be better to not give it to them and give a bit more to the ones who are really struggling?

After all, Longdriver’s only going to waste his by shoving it up someone’s arse! :crazy_face::flushed::scream:

Made all the easier by the cr@p notes we have to put up with since the more convenient notes were superseded. I dunno about you, but I’m fed up with constantly having to check if two or more notes are stuck together :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::innocent:

1 Like

Just to confirm… are they stuck together before or after the shoving? :crazy_face:

Both!!

1 Like

I received a notification of my Winter Fuel Payment on Monday but l bet it won’t hit my bank account until mid December!

Ours have arrived too but I expect it’ll be the same as last year and paid during the 2nd wk of November.

I received my letter this week too. As others have said, every little helps.

Our WFP was paid into our bank last week. :slightly_smiling_face:

Same here Mags.

Same here, mine was in the bank 12 November.
Just in time to help fill the heating oil tank!
:grinning:

Ooh, I must check my account then.
I received the letter a couple of weeks ago.

Hi

Mine went in last week.