Winter Fuel Payment 2011

Gosh I don’t usually get mine until December…:shock:

I think it was mid-December when I got my first one last year, so I’ve time yet. :slight_smile:

I’ve received my letter from DWP today and it says my payment will be paid into my account within the next three weeks. :smiley:

Good news Mollie!:slight_smile:

People, the money is for winter heating not Christmas pressies etc. :wink:

Our heating bills are on direct debit, so really it’s as broad as its long - the money for the fuel allowance is included in the overall yearly household expenditure for the things we choose to buy. The bills are essentials and get paid first - I don’t wait until I get my fuel allowance - it might not be there next year so I cannot rely on it. Toys and other consumables are flexible expenditure and can be trimmed or expanded as we can afford.

Bob, how we choose to spend money given to us as part of our pension is OUR decision and NOT yours or the Governments. We are not (at least not yet, but its getting that way) a Fascist state!!!

I’ll be using mine to get some specs. I’m ahead with my heating costs at the moment as I pay direct debit and I’m currently in credit. :slight_smile:

I am not telling you how to spend the money just what it is for.
Are all marxist so touchy?

As Rena says if you look at it logically the WF payment just goes ‘into the pot :-)’.

I don’t relay on the WF payment to pay my fuel bill, there is no certainty it will always be there. I pay my fuel bills by monthly direct debit, all bills come first, then food and I live on what is left.

Had my Bank statement in this morning, although I had the letter from DWP relating to WFP a couple of weeks ago, up till last Friday they haven’t paid it in to my account yet.

My payment went in to my bank account today :slight_smile:

Ditto Meg darlin’.

My husband received his letter today confirming this year’s Winter Fuel Allowance of £100 will be paid into the bank within the next three weeks.

That’s good news Mags :slight_smile: we should all be following soon…

Mags, I thought it was £200 / £300.

I received £200 direct into my bank the other day. I hadn’t had a letter and, apart from the reference number, there was no indication of what it was for. I am assuming it was the Winter Fuel Allowance as I can’t think what else it might have been!

Mick

The amount you receive varies on your circumstances, George.

If you live alone or you are the only person in the household who qualifies, the payment is £200, or £300 if you were 80 or over.

If you live with another person who qualifies, the payments are usually shared, so the combined total for the household is either £200 or £300, depending on your ages.

My husband has had his notification but I am still waiting for my letter to arrive … our combined allowance will then be £200.:slight_smile:

How is it my wife gets half of our allowance but I’m the one who pays the power bills ?

Thanks for the explanation Mags. This will only be my second year of getting the allowance - and Mrs. G isn’t of that age yet. It’s not in my account yet, but I will use it towards a top-up of heating oil before Xmas. I dread to think what that will cost.