Winter Fuel Payment 2011

Having the heating on in winter the Gas lasts for 10 days and at the moment it is £110 for two cylinders.We have amulti fuel cooker a gas hob and electric oven.

So far this Autumn I have had no cause to use my c/h - as I sit here - sun is blazing down into my lounge and my room thermostat is reading 21oC!!!

Gggrrrrrrrrr. lol

Likewise here Uncle Joe, it’s 21ºC … The temperature will drop tonight after today’s sun, though…

My husband’s notification for Winter Fuel Allowance
arrived this morning … £100 to be paid into our account within 3 weeks.

Hopefully I will also receive mine in the next few days :slight_smile:

My hubby got his £100 notification this morning too but I am still waiting for mine.

What has happened to “Ladies first” ? ;-):lol:

Not received my notification yet - looking forward to it dropping through the letterbox :slight_smile:

Nothing doing this end either.

My parents have not received anything yet either. Mags tell MrMags he is special.

He doesn’t need telling Kazz, he already knows it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

My wife has just recieved her notification so mine should be here in the next two weeks.:smiley:

:cry:The trouble is it goes straight off to British gas and is added to our account.

:smiley: Good thing is we have lots of heating over winter.

your realy lucky to get that monny its far colder in canada and we get nothing

My Mom got hers this morning well the letter anyhow £100.

I haven’t had a letter yet. :frowning:

How soon after the letter, does the money go into your account? Does anyone know?

Got my notification today Mollie. Says the money will go into bank within the next three weeks, but if I remember rightly, was in my account much sooner than that last year. Probably covering themselves giving that length of time…

After you have received notification it can take up to 3 weeks before it’s paid into your bank…

Thanks Merz. I don’t know how they go about these things, but I’m of the understanding that it’s doled out alphabetically. My surname starts with L - right in the middle - and, if memory serves, I didn’t get mine until December last year.

I’s’t just have to be patient. :smiley:

Our surname starts with M and my hubby received his letter yesterday and I’m still waiting for mine:-D

It must depend on the area in which you live, Mags.

Excuse my ignorance as I’m new to this, but where exactly does the payment come from? If it’s via the local Council, I’ll be waiting until January for mine! :smiley: