Windows 11 launches with redesigned start menu

Oh ok, thanks anyway. Fingers crossed it will go smoothly for everyone then…

Go to the bottom of this website and download and run the PC Health Check app this will tell you if you can run Windows 11.

If you don’t have the required Processor, you (probably) won’t be able to patch into it.

One way of doing the checks is to look at the Which free guidance -

Windows 11 requirements: check if your computer is compatible - Which?

That takes you through looking in System/settings/About/ where you will see the name, and description, of your current processor - (e.g. mine says Intel Core ™ i5-4590S CPU.)

You can, either, just look up your processor or run the which app on this page (above).

Then Which will tell you what has to be done ready for W11.

It’s also useful to run, and print off, Belarc Advisor (Free) which is 4 pages of what your PC is made up of (Ram, CPU, etc).

Don’t spend any money yet, though.

Requirements change, fixes get written, miracles happen!

1 Like

I run Chrome OS now, but I think this will be useful for those that have Windows - I don’t think I would return to Windows, if I could help it…far too much faffing about! :smiley:

Should that not be i5-4590S if so it seems it is not compatible?

Chacun a son Gout

(“not everyone has Gout”)

oops, pedants approaching…!

1 Like

Correct, well spotted!

My Dell is not compatible!

I will be checking, later, to see if I can just swap the processor, or the board, or the whole thing, or nothing (if they change the requirements)

Oooh get you and your fancy french talkin’! :joy:

Not going to mention the accent marks at all

Arigato Gozaimasu!

oops, dropped dictionary onto the floor!

:grin:

1 Like

Aye, a multi lingual one by the looks of it…mind your toes there, Ted, its a tome of a book!

Just in.

Apparently:

1 Like

Hi

Downloaded and upgraded to it.

Absolutely fine and very easy-to-use.

I am in no rush, bound to be bugs so I will wait until its been patched a few times.

1 Like

Nice one Swimmy, I’m still waiting for the upgrade to arrive on my Samsung lappy but it is on its way.
:+1:

Wise move …

:+1:

But if people don’t use a new OS what bugs there might be won’t surface to be patched.

Microsoft run an insider program and of course you will have the early adopters more than enough to allow the rest of us to wait.

1 Like

Despite the insider programme there will still be bugs, otherwise what are the patches for that you want to wait upon?
:man_shrugging:
That’s why the more people that use it the sooner bugs become apparent which lead to the OS getting the patches you’re waiting for and the more robust the NEW OS will become.

In a word - Greed.