Wind Back to the 60's

My Era of Growing Up, the 60’s…

My Memories are overall of a Fab u lous time. Innocence being the key.
I would say The Who and The Kinks have stood out for me the most but earlier would be Cliff Richard, The Swinging Blue Jeans and the Yardbirds, Dusty Springfield, Billy Fury… sure there must be a ton more…The Beatles and The Beach Boys…My word almost forgot him…Tommy Steele…ok more 50’s but he would have been played and played in my home…Singing the Blues …Little White Bull was so corny but loved it…
Craig Douglas, Gene Pitney, Adam Faith…Bobby Rydell, Bobby Darren…
well this list will grow of course…time for some Nostalgia…

4 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

The Reason Elvis is not there is because the rivalry between my Sister and I was that strong…I avoided Elvis’s Music and she avoided Cliff’s…

2 Likes

time for Brekkie…
brekkie
and then off to the Shops…
Feel free to add whatever songs of the 60’s… and if you need to sneak a few 50’s in your more than welcome…

2 Likes

Love the 60’s

2 Likes

Did you have to micro wave those agin Di :grinning:
Been up Mount Hedgeerest, but my hedge trimmer has just died. So post a bit before going out to get a new one.

As I’m only a little bit younger my 60s music come from the late 60s

Brings back memories of the first time I went to a professional football match. Was playing on the radio that lunch time

2 Likes

Just a beautiful love song

4 Likes

God knows what this was about but still a good song

5 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

I love all of those posted & can remember most of the words too, shame I can’t sing in tune. :slightly_smiling_face:

This brings back lots of sad memories.

3 Likes

The general consensus is that “A Whiter Shade Of Pale” is a snapshot of a drunken sexual escapade gone awry. Yet the song defies a specific interpretation, instead conjuring various shades of melancholy which are embellished by the mournful music and Brooker’s pained delivery. Even when you can’t quite understand their meaning, Reid, who was clearly influenced by Dylan’s surreal story songs from the mid-60’s, writes lines that leave a lasting impact, right from the immortal opener: “We skipped the light fandango.”

Attempts to wrangle these lyrics into linear coherence are thwarted at every turn, in part by red herrings (Reid claimed that the line “As the miller told his tale” has nothing to do with Chaucer) and by the demands of pop radio (Two extra verses were excised to keep the running time low.) Don’t let it bother you. If you spend too much time trying to figure out Procol Harum’s “A Whiter Shade Of Pale,” you might miss out on its majestically-rendered sorrow.

copied and pasted…

cant help but look and learn stuff… :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

I never did figure it out, but it’s a classic!

1 Like

Yes it does for so many.
The wiki page is a must read, if you wish to know of her success’s mainly, but sadness there for certain as well…

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like