Wimbledon starts today

What an upset-Haiep beat Williams in the final.

Yes, everyone was convinced Williams would win.

Annoying that the BBC insisted on showing Markle Debacle so much (even in slow motion). Come on BBC, you know she doesn’t like publicity even if she does look like Michael Jackson and his heavies.

Bahrami in action again on no1 court.

One match too many, she lost because her opponent had more speed around the court, Serena was relying heavily on serve which Simona Halep broke in first game. The commentators only conceding that Serena was going to lose, when broken in the second set.

Serena lacked the speed of Haiep unfortunately…

Chortle…

Next stop for Williams is retirement, she’s to fat to beat a younger person who is exceedingly fit and ten years younger,

sling your hook Williams you’ve become very boring…

Chortle.

Waw what a final.Wonderful tennis by both players.Pity there couldn’t be two winners!

They both played brilliantly, Federer had the first Championship points but was unable to break a very determined Djokovic. It does seem unfair that one has to be runner-up when both players have given their all.

I felt the same Cinders and Rhosyn
And I felt like it might be Federers last shot at it too.

It’s a shame that such a match ended on a forced error rather than a brilliant stroke as well

I thought Federer was finally showing his age this evening, he looked really tired at one point.

I had to turn off after Djok won, couldn’t bear to watch all that crowd rousing stuff he does with his arms.

A brilliant match, it could have gone either way in the last set.

I’m wondering if we will see Federer at Wimbledon again. Todays match took it out of him especially after the excellent 5 set match he had with Nadal a couple of days ago.

Both players deserved to win.

What I find really interesting about the scoring in tennis is that they can play for hours yet still be as equal as when they started.

That’s true, it’s as if the loser has played 5 hours solid tennis for next to nothing :smiley:

I know, we said exactly that. Mind you with over a hundred million in prize money, i don’t suppose they are too bothered.

Andrew castle said it’s not about the money any more but i wonder if they would play Wimbledon for nothing? Just a thought.

Did any one have subtitles on? At one point it said ‘Djokovic is looking up at his buttocks thinking why did you do that?’ :-p:-p

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It corrected the word to box which seemed just as funny tbh. :-p

A long gruelling match well played by both finalists. Can’t imagine primadonna footballers playing for such a long time can you?

90 minutes and footballers are tired out, poor lads! :mrgreen: