Will Sunac "Get Brexit Done"?

Where is the Batter? :smiley:

I thought Brexit had been done gone finished.
How many years has it been going on.

1 Like

What! Does King Charles have worms?

Same here Rips, we may be missing something.

1 Like

As the “Get Brexit Done” talk seems centred on fishing rights, maybe the real question is

Will Rishi give us a fishy on a little dishy when the boat comes in ?

Weel boot, we have two choices, we can “Dance for our Daddy” or “Sing for our Supper”, maybe that is what the remainers are on about? :grinning: :boxing_glove:

1 Like

Brexit will never be done until we close the Borders to Illegals.

1 Like

How do you propose in practical terms doing that ?

The only way IMO is to send people who have entered the country illegally back to their country of origin .

10,000 Albanians mostly male have come over this year from a country that is not at war or in any other sort of trauma .

Why aren’t these immediately deported ?

Must be that cheap labour trumps public requirements.

What the Tories want is ‘growth ‘
They reckon that growth needs more people
They make out that it’s cultural diversity etc but it’s not , that is why they do nothing about it .
For the working-class though more people ,often unskilled means more competition for jobs. This was the central driver of the working-class Brexit vote.

Am I missing something here? I understood that pretty much all those who are coming to seek asylum in the UK (your “illegals”) are not of European origin (or at least not from EU countries). So what on earth has this got to do with Brexit?

1 Like

They are being corralled here by the EU Block?

Ah, so we are now claiming that asylum seekers who travel to one country, in this case their country of choice is the UK, are being facilitated in this travel by EU countries. Rather than claiming asylum in the EU countries they pass through.
Great claim, heard it before. So its a real shame (sorry, meant to write really shameful for anyone thinking that) that it is wrong. More people are granted asylum in the EU than in the UK - by a factor of nearly x10.

@Straffmore, You lack common sense , one field can only carry so many cows
Whereas twenty five fields can carry twenty five times the number without
detriment ?
And dont bring up the the size of our economy as a comparison as most of
us in UK are living on the edge of poverty due partly to having been a member
of the EU for fifty odd years !! :-1::confounded::confounded::-1:

Sorry, square footage of the country is not and never has been the critical factor for the UK or for any EU country. The UK takes about the same as Austria - a considerably smaller country. Go figure. One suggests it is not about acreage, its about willingness.

@strathmore , Bullshit Straffy, UK had a net migration of 239,000 in
2021 ! Austria had around 35,000 !
These boat people are over and above the figures l quoted and are illegal !
All the others are legal and facilitated by the home office .
I will never trust your figures again ! It has become obvious that you have some
personal axe to grind !! :-1::confounded::confounded::-1:

Also, I know that might your preferred accommodation for asylum seekers but civilized countries place such people in houses, not fields.
Which is not a facile response. Accommodation is about buildings, not acreage. And the current scandal about the conditions of the asylum seeker housing in Kent is disgraceful. But I note again, nothing to do with Brexit.

When will you wake up to the fact that it is not illegal to be an asylum seeker, unwanted perhaps and later found not to be a refugee but not illegal.

Anyway, according to every else on this forum Brexit was/is not about immigration, it appears you are the only one grinding this axe in reference to Brexit.

I must say the aerial shot of the receiving camp did have a rather chilling resemblance to the long huts of the concentration camps .However it’s easy to criticise ,the logistics of putting up and feeding people who are arriving in groups of around one thousand a day must be mind blowing .

It’s best to claim nothing where other folks “Data” is concerned, summarization is the only avenue, never “claim” A or B, a lot of this goes on around here.