1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Making a wildlife pond in Wales

1 Like
1 Like

I posted an intro to the re-wilding of UK on another site and just got bewilderment and disinterest and the thread faded - so glad to see some serious stuff being taught here - I do hope it is getting good national coverage??

1 Like

Iā€™ve been putting them on other forums and thereā€™s some interest, but I still do it, not sure if Iā€™m waisting my time.

1 Like

I left UK many years ago but way back when I was still there I would go out and pick wild fruits from the hedgerows and make homemade wine from them. I think the british lost interest in the wild gardens many moons ago - I can remember as a lad in the 60ā€™s picking wild rasberries and blackberries for Ma to make a pie - that was the norm back then - but slowly it started changing. However there is still much ā€˜wildā€™ country in uk which is very much worth regenerating - keep up the good work sir!!

ps: people just donā€™t realize the damage that will occur from losing the bee populations all over europe and oz and Nz!! etcvetc

1 Like

On the contrary where I live they are rewilding the verges along the roads
Unlike the large gardens you may remember many people have tiny gardens especially in new houses so there is not much to rewild .

We are being asked to leave our lawns uncut this month to attract insects, bees etc. Iā€™m very tempted to do that.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good idea but you have to think how are you going to cut it when need to and how are you going to get rid of the cuttings.
Hereā€™s a video from one of my other threads

1 Like

Our grass verges have just been cut by the council, it had a lot of cow parsley in it and dandelions now thatā€™s all gone.

Weā€™ve got a lot of these around here.

2 Likes
1 Like

wild away joel good on ya!!

1 Like

I have loads of birds foot trefoil in my lawn

1 Like