1 Like

wild away joel good on ya!!

1 Like

I have loads of birds foot trefoil in my lawn

1 Like
1 Like

And here’s me thinking I’m going to cut mine tomorrow if its nice :scissors:

2 Likes

Thing is I’ve only a small garden now , if I left it to rewild it would look a mess .
I’ve a few bee and butterfly friendly plants …I’ve seen hummingbird hawk moths

3 Likes

I’d love to let mine go, because its more natural that way. Trouble is the neighbours would team up and get it done for me :joy: Bringing the street into disrepute! :018:

2 Likes

If you had acres you could really go for it .
In my small garden I get bees drinking out of a shallow bowl of water and lots of bees and butterflies on a buddleia .
Living right on the coast there are only seagulls and starlings no songbirds .
My dog ate half a starfish the other day :astonished:

3 Likes

I love how you just casually flung that bit in! :face_vomiting: was he ok after he ate it though?

2 Likes

Yep I just thought I’d mention it.
Was only half a starfish …must of been dropped by a seagull .
Dogs are disgusting :joy: he was fine .

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies, but i think that he means the hedgerows where you live, it’s difficult if you have a small garden, we’re the same. We have a Hawthorn hedge on the other side of our back wall but it’s the council who supposed to cut it. It’s not that big to leave it but next time we would have to catch them before they do it, if they do.

1 Like

The council are supposed to cut ours too, but generally we end up doing it ourselves because - according to the council guys - they only have a 4 man team and have to cover a larger area. I don’t see why thats our responsibility, but…its the way of the world now :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

It’s the same here, hubby usually cuts it but this year he didn’t get around to it, but they came around i think that it was in July when they can start cutting after the birds have finished nesting, but some birds go on after that.

1 Like

We have lots of big hedges around our garden .
The little birds like the hawthorns but we dont see loads of birds these days something is stopping them coming .
I think too tidy gardens is a problem and there are panel fences everywhere which don’t offer much for birds or hedgehogs .
The other reason might be sparrow hawks buzzards and kites that fly around although the two former are suposed to prefer carrion .

1 Like

Ok Today I found out why the birds are not coming .
A great big rat on the feeders .
So out with the traps ( humane ) see if I have caught anything tomorrow .
The new feeder which I put in the hedge has gone untouched by the birds but also has another customer .
A little field mouse ,so cute ……but where there is one mouse there is ten .
Where’s that sparrow hawk when you want him ?

1 Like

Great that you found why the birds aren’t feeding and hope that you catch the culprit.