Why is the Earth round?

Now before you say it is an Oblate Spheroid, it is, looking from afar, predominately round.
Why? Why are all large Planets round?

2 Likes

to stop us falling off at the edges??

2 Likes

So Lister can play pool with the planets.(obscure Red Dwarf reference,sorry)

4 Likes

Immediate chortle escaped my lips reading this. :grinning:

2 Likes

Because Life is a Ball!!

1 Like

Centrifugal (rotational) forces.

3 Likes

Gravity. A planet’s gravity pulls equally from all sides. Gravity pulls from the centre to the edges. This makes the overall shape of a planet a sphere, which is a three-dimensional circle.

4 Likes

Cos it was the cheapest shape to make when contracts were being put out ?? :innocent:

Ya gotta keep in mind that some of those Martians are damned stingy. :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Because it’s flat really but MSM don’t encourage free thinkers.

1 Like

It keeps Australia at the bottom.

4 Likes

I suppose it’s had all its corners knocked off

2 Likes

That sounds like my old boarding school. Intake as rough as a badgers arse :point_right: Output = refined and fine young gentlemen ready for gentile young ladies fresh from finishing school – yeah, right :wink:

3 Likes

To save galaxy space

1 Like

Not according to TP.
Discworld

:grinning: Well Terry Pratchett has a writers license to embellish.

1 Like

well well well said rupert bear leaning against a forest tree - “why are all trees in the forest straight up and down and did you know they can talk to each other through their roots - yea conversations all day long apparently - and why are ponds round but lakes long - and why and why oh dear Poo bear I am beginning to feel sleepy and its only breakfast time in oz?”

1 Like

The world is football shaped
For me to kick in space…

1 Like