Why is King Charles going to Kenya

Does anyone know exactly why King Charles is going to Kenya ?

Would hope this state visit is to apologise over Britain’s bloody colonial past.
Otherwise it’s a completely waste of money most Kenyans can’t relate or even recognise these two fuddy duddies

2 Likes

I hope he doesn’t apologise for anything .
Kenya was an African success story thanks to the British systems of eduction and government .

2 Likes

My view with regard to colonial times is based on what I’ve recently read , it was a blood bath .
I agree Britain laid the infrastructure throughout the empire.
Otherwise I am ignorant, it’s obvious you know more about the history than me.

I don’t know much no doubt there were faults on both sides.
As a child I remember the son of the local baptist minister was a missionary there.
He his wife and their young children were hacked to death by the Mau mau .

However the minute the word apology is uttered it is followed by the word compensation .

Yes I’ve read been reading up on the Mau Mau uprising on wiki

this could be worthy of an apology or some kind of acknowledgement.
The British forced the natives away from their ancestral lands and into reservations. The British locked up 1.5m Kikuyu people in concentration camps, torturing, beating, and starving them to death in large numbers This was an egregious act amounting to naked genocide.
Suppressing the Mau Mau Uprising in the Kenyan cost Britton 55m .
Mau Mau rebellion caused at least 11,000 deaths among and Mau Mau other forces, with some estimates considerably higher.
Bloody_uprising of the Mau_Mau included 1,090 executions by hanging.Mau_Mau_rebels The rebellion was marked by war crimes and massacres.
Yes definitely faults on both sides .

I copied and not to well this from wiki

Just more waste of taxpayers money .