Why don’t people just shut up .( talking on their phones)

I am fed up with people talking on their phones
Why do they feel the need to talk on their blooming phones at length on and on and on
Aimless boring conversations what’s wrong with a bit of silence .

2 Likes

It’s the texting that annoys me. The number of people I see walking towards me when I’m on my bike, on the cycle track, completely oblivious to everything except their phone, is alarming. I mean why even bother going for a walk in the countryside if all you are going to pay attention to is your phone?

1 Like

Or the morons who stop dead oblivious to anyone else to concentrate on the darn things.

1 Like

Mobile phone users. You see them everywhere don’t you. They talk so loudly too, as if any one else is interested in hearing their conversations, I want to tell them to shut the F up.

4 Likes

I totally agree.

1 Like

They also seem to do it exactly where they shouldn’t .
In the quiet carriage on trains or in the snooze areas of airports !

That’s just what I was going to say, Tiff. Why do they always seem to shout so!

1 Like

I know people who are total phone zombies, kids can be running amok but hey my phone is important, very sad people.

…with phones of their own!

What breaks my heart is seeing parents ignoring their kids to do their phone thing. The poor child is talking to them, or tapping on their leg for attention and the parent brushes them off while in conversation! Makes me want to grab their phone from them and tell them to pay attention to their child. I wouldn’t be polite about it either :018:

3 Likes

When Family members come a visiting, it’s sad to see that, as soon as their Bums hit the Sofa, they flip open their Mobile Phones & start clicking, or even calling.

They love my WiFi, because it saves them a few pence!

I need a sign, on the wall :-

“What will you pick up first? Your Mobile, or a Mop?”

Recently, on of them who is a Policeman, immediately fell asleep on my couch!

Oh Well!

That’s Family!

2 Likes

I’m rubbish with my phone…problem is its never where I am so I never answer it…I don’t even know my number but I use it to come here like now and I Google things…I order things on it too and take pics and it tells me the time when I remember where it is :slight_smile:

I think the lesson to be learnt from this is that if you want somebody’s attention, the best way is to leave the room and then phone them. :telephone_receiver:

4 Likes

This is so apt! I very nearly posted about my experience yesterday but decided against it. But now I’m going to.

Daughter and I went to a turkish cafe yesterday and just received our food. An elderly lady on the next table answered her phone and had it on loudspeaker so we heard all the conversation! It started off with her caller telling her she had just got back from the doctors and then she went into great detail about her diarrhoea and how she has to go back in 3 days if it’s no better. At the time I was enjoying a chicken and salad wrap!!! I rolled my eyes at the cafe owner and he just laughed and said “I have seen and heard everything here!”

I have been to a few cafes and restaurants where they do ask people to turn off their phones and I think that’s perfectly reasonable. I had quite an expensive afternoon tea with a friend a few months ago and the woman behind us never shut up once talking on her phone and we were back to back so you could not avoid it.

2 Likes

That made me laugh, Flowerpower! :rofl:

I wonder if she knew everyone else could hear her conversation!

I’m not guilty of this as l can never find my phone!
Some people would have to have their phone surgically removed from them as they seem to be welded to their hand!

I hate it when you are in a shop trying to concentrate, or on a bus and someone is yapping ten to the dozen on their phone. I never understand the need to speak so loudly!

Have you ever noticed some women when chatting on their mobile phone via loudspeaker. With their arm stretched out, they hold the phone at the sides at the bottom with their thumb and index finger. The phone is tilted right back as if they are speaking to the end of it!

I have a very large, very loud bell on my bike. I just love ringing it if someone is in front of me concentrating on their mobile phone instead of watching where they’re going. The sight of them jumping a few inches in the air is a sight to behold :rofl:

2 Likes

Calls are free … effectively: millions of minutes, TBs of data, endless texts.

I sometimes think some folk have a disabled relative at home who likes to be kept informed of what you can see though a bus window nowadays, what’s currently on the supermarket shelves, and so on.

1 Like

Or asking them to get the kettle on as they are “on the bus and will be home in 10 minutes”, :roll_eyes:

Yet some of these people who are always yapping away on their mobile phone, go home, stay and eat in their bedroom. When they are asked a question by a parent, or a present human, they reply with … a grunt!

As if it’s a piece of toast they’re about to eat!
I noticed it first when I watched The Apprentice, I thought it looked very pretentious and silly.

2 Likes