Why can one not buy boiled eggs?

For those hopeless cooks, you know the ones, those that burn bread.

You can, hard boiled ones anyway. Most supermarkets sell them in packs of two in the snack aisle. I’ve bought them from Tesco.

2 Likes

I have never come across them here in Perth.

1 Like

They are peeled as well.

1 Like
1 Like

Not available here in Perth.

You can also buy them pickled in jars, curried, or wrapped in sausage meat; aka, the delicacy that is a Scotch Egg.

You can also crack them into a cup and microwave them, but I’m talking a few tens of seconds, not minutes. Eat them hot, or leave then to go cold, they are still yummy.

1 Like

I like a scotch egg for lunch occasionally but wouldn’t buy a plain hard boiled egg. I don’t remember seeing any but haven’t really been looking.

1 Like

Ive never seen them in SA either Bretrick - only in pre packed salads but not on their own - but Ive never really looked since I find it so easy to do them myself.

2 Likes

They sell hard boiled eggs here as well. But I don’t live in Perth either.

Tesco sell boiled eggs, in packs of two where they usually sell their pack sandwiches.

Fish and chip shops here in the UK, used to have jars of pickled hard boiled eggs. Yuk!

1 Like

Yep, usually standing alongside the pickled gherkins…also yuk! :nauseated_face:

1 Like

I don’t think I have ever seen hard boiled eggs for sale in the supermarket either, they do sell them in sandwich shops of course.

Was very fond of Scotch Eggs in the UK but could never bring myself to eat balut (Filo duck egg)

balut

I cant believe people would buy hard boiled eggs,you can`t go wrong boiling an egg,just leave it in the boiling water for 5/6 minutes.

1 Like

Oh dear God!!! :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Last time I did that the eggs shattered & all the white oozed out into the pan, Took me ages to clean it.

I recommend an egg cooker Sites-ASDA-INT-Site

Or similar

Me too. I have these wonderful devices that you can cook a boiled egg in the microwave, I have a couple for one egg and one for four eggs. They only cost a few bucks on Ebay.

Basically they are a Faraday Cage so the egg doesn’t explode but the microwaves boil about 20ml of water in the base (outside the Faraday cage) so the steam does the cooking.

It takes 6 minutes from start to finish so there is no great time saving but the egg is perfect every time - hard white, soft yoke.

I carry one in my camper.

2 Likes

I guess that goes for many things though - I buy sandwiches sometimes even though I can certainly make them myself.

I guess if one likes boiled eggs as a snack, no different to buying a sandwich or a pre packed salad.

2 Likes