Whose responsible? Who to sue?

According to Google.
Who is responsible when a self-driving car kills someone?

With fully autonomous vehicles, the software and vehicle manufacturers are expected to be liable for any at-fault collisions (under existing automobile products liability laws), rather than the human occupants, the owner, or the owner’s insurance company.
Reason they are dangerous-
Authorities told KPRC that it took four hours, 32,000 gallons of water and a call to Tesla to extinguish the flames because the vehicle batteries kept reigniting.

1 Like

Danny ,this is awful, it’s the people who lost their lives and their families, that my heart goes out to.

Who to sue, no idea…

2 Likes

Same here. Though from what I understand, it says in the Tesla manual that in autonomous mode, requires your hands still be on the wheel. I don’t get that, but that’s true it says.

" While using Autopilot, it is your responsibility to stay alert, keep your hands on the steering wheel at all times and maintain control of your car. … Subsequently, every time the driver engages Autopilot, they are shown a visual reminder to “keep your hands on the wheel."

Problem is people putting to much faith in an underdeveloped system. IMHO

1 Like

I agree, my son has a car that helps him drive it, i will ask him what it’s called, on saying that I think it helps him to drive it…

He will be shown this post tonight,Danny, I appreciate you sharing it, absolutely horrendous and extremely tragic…

2 Likes

Driver should not have been sitting in the passenger seat so its down to him.

2 Likes

I have heard that autonomous cars are notoriously unreliable in driving themselves often making many mistakes, the self driving car is way in the future as so much needs to change to make them possible, legislation needs to change as to who is responsible in an accident in an autonomous vehicle, manufacturers and insurance companies won’t want to be responsible as to who to blame in the event of a crash,

1 Like

Who’s responsible?
A lot of people were asking this ages ago, when these cars were being made.

Driverless cars, keyless cars, doing away with motorway hard shoulders . . . . These mad inventors will have a lot to answer for.

5 Likes

We don’t even know who is responsible or allowing this to happen - governments? Who? By that I mean allowing technology free reign to infiltrate our lives. No consultation, no choice by the population as to whether they want this. Just pretty much imposed with two fingers at the population.

1 Like

Just because something can be done, doesn’t mean it should be done.:thinking:

4 Likes