Who will ever understand Human Nature?

Indeed:

:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

If I’m parking somewhere I regularly go I always park in the same place, or as near as I can, so I can remember where I left it…
:thinking:

1 Like

If I park in a multistory carpark (a rare occurrence) then I take a picture of the section ID with my phone so I can find my car again.

2 Likes

Another problem is the small size of parking spaces, bearing in mind the size of some cars these days. Therefore, you are always in danger of getting your car doors “Dinged”. I always try and park next to new or nearly new cars, in the hope that their drivers are that little bit more careful, when exiting said vehicles. :thinking:

3 Likes

You raise a hot topic here. Currently, the national standard for on-street parking spaces is 2.4–2.6 metres wide and 5.4 metres long but in car parks it averages 2.5m wide by 5.5m long (depends on the width of the aisle and the council area).

These spaces are becoming too small for the current range of vehicles with dual cab utes and SUVs outselling cars 3:1. These vehicles are 5.4 metres long (mine just squeezes into my 6 metre garage with centimetres to spare) and I know from sad experience that two utes parked next to each other in the centre of their parking space cannot open their doors.

I will tell you a funny story from when I lived in Sydney in the 1970s. In those days the average Australian family car was a Holden Kingwood or a Ford Fairlane, large cars by UK standards then but normal for here and small by today’s standards.

There were few if any multi storey car parks and a supermarket built one in a suburb called Marrickville using a UK design. When it completed it was immediately apparent that it was too small, the cars couldn’t fit in the parking spaces without a lot of toing and froing. Even worse they could not get round the corners in the ramps and aisles in one go and all the pillars and kerbs were gouged and battered from cars scraping them.

After about six months the carpark was demolished and rebuilt to fit the Australian cars.

2 Likes

That’s what I do !
Never park next to white van man

1 Like