Who says you needs tons of money to travel?

I follow a solo female travel group on Facebook and found these interesting ways to snuff out that travel bug! And, it doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg - check out the links below!

Disclaimer:
I have not used these personally. Just sharing

1 Like

Get paid to courier parcels. (No, not a drug mule). You may decline a job, must be available in 48 hours, you extend your stay to visit at the destination at your own cost however the courier fee for your trip may cover some of your costs.

1 Like

Visit Faroe Islands when it’s closed for tourists. Three day maintenance trip in exchange for food and board. A fun active way to see Faroe Islands. Volunteering looks great!

2 Likes

At International Volunteer HQ, we’ve been enabling people from all walks of life to give back abroad through volunteering vacations since 2007. Our volunteer programs are the most affordable and regenerative way to immerse yourself in new cultures, connect with like-minded international volunteers and make a difference through travel.

With over 300 projects in 50+ destinations to choose from, we offer the world’s largest range of fully-hosted volunteering abroad programs.

If you ever want to make a real impact in a time of need, this is your time. Volunteer abroad from just $20 per day, including accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support. Join 122,000+ international volunteers and make your next vacation matter.

1 Like

Many, many years ago I investigated this (for documents as well). It wasn’t as cheap as it is suggested, basically you still paid most of the air fare yourself and because there were deadlines to be met it was not necessarily a fun way to travel especially at (mainly) your own expense.

If you were desperate and any savings were a help then it was probably OK but it wasn’t enough to make you want to be a courier otherwise. It was extremely difficult to get as a full time job.

1 Like