Who remembers the 70's Style?

It is indeed The Osmonds, not easy on the eye but I bet the teeny boppers of the time didn’t see it like that :wink:

Who knows, there might well be some grown up teeny boppers on this very forum :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That’s a different kettle of fish. :+1:

2 Likes

Besides the Beatles, when I was a kid Donny Osmond ( The Osmond Brothers) & David Cassidy; The Partridge Family were my favourite bands. Of course I was young and naive and and possibly tone deaf

2 Likes

The first ever single I bought as a kid was How Can I be Sure by David Cassidy…it was on the Bell label I think.

I mentioned this to an old friend during a discussion on the train while traveling home from an away game :volleyball:
He’s a committed Black Sabbath and Deep Purple fan, he’s never let me live it down.

2 Likes

I think I only ever had Spam sandwiches. I might have fried it a few times but sambos with Tomato Sauce was my go to.

1 Like

Spam has had a bad rep for years… time for a revival, the sillier the better!

57e276be928a7c40b3071de8ae493abd

1 Like

And that’s where time frame reference comes into play. My very first record was ‘puff the magic dragon,’ but I was about 5. Later on a saw deep purple and black sabbath live. Not my most favourite bands but exciting when they were, so to speak.

2 Likes

I had my Dad, paint the whole of my bedroom in Orange.

I used to wear Leather Hot Pants.

2 Likes

I know this conversations about style/fashion but you can’t talk about the 70s without remembering these death traps.

1 Like

I rode into a tree while looking at the gearstick trying to change up to third. :weary:
Tried to do a wheelie and flew through the handlebars landing on my teeth. (No brace needed which saved my parents a few quid) :weary:
And then raced down a hill before getting a wheel wobble and breaking my collarbone. :weary:
Choppers? I s**t um. :weary:
Give me a Grifter any day.

2 Likes

Ouch!
I wasn’t allowed a Raleigh Chopper, they were incredibly desirable at the time.
Eventually I got one of these towards the end of the decade…loved it to bits.

We fitted air horns to the handle bars of our racing bikes with a couple of hose clips and gave pedestrians a good blast as we cycled up behind them, usually in the west end, Oxford Street in particular… really not a very nice thing to do.

:astonished::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

My mate had an Arena Racer. He thought he was the dogs danglies.
While trying to change gear he looked down at the derailier (the gears on the back wheel) and drove headlong into the back of a stationary Austin Maxi. Oh how I laughed :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Nice to see a MK1 Chopper, mine was Blue, but there were some harsh winters in the 70s :icon_wink:

I had a MK1
They seen me coming when I bought that, every time I’d go down a curb the frame would snap above the the back wheel. :weary::weary::weary:
I didn’t have any pocket money until i offloaded that bike. My local welder made a decent living out of them death traps. :rage: