What are your favorites?
Mine in no particular order:
Pies:
Blueberry
Chocolate Mousse
Lemon
Key Lime
Cherry
Pastries:
Eclairs
Cannolis
Scones
Angel cake
Strawberry Danish
What are your favorites?
Mine in no particular order:
Pies:
Blueberry
Chocolate Mousse
Lemon
Key Lime
Cherry
Pastries:
Eclairs
Cannolis
Scones
Angel cake
Strawberry Danish
Remember, cakes aren’t just for Christmas ![]()
Cornish Pasties
That was my thought d00d, had a Ginsters for lunch yesterday
Yep!
Preferably homemade ![]()
Unfortunately, I’ll eat any of them anytime.
A quick pie before or after Christmas is OK but not on Christmas Day, that is family BBQ time in the garden.

Any day is a ‘pie’ day for me, with steak & ale (guinness) being my homemade favourite:clap:![]()
Winter is coming so pies are back on - steak mince & carrot pie, steak & onion pie, chicken red pepper & sweet potato pie, etc. Obviously served with potatoes to make sure the carb from the pastry is balanced.
A local retail shop is my idea of heaven. . .

Are Christmas goodies in the shops already?
We should have a competition to find a Christmassy food item with a best before label stating a date prior to Dec 25.
When I was in the UK recently one of the things I was looking forward to was buying a pork pie from a proper English pie shop.
I was very disappointed to be honest, the pies I bought were no better than the Patchett Pork Pies sold in Coles (the ones sold in Woollies are rubbish) and they cost the same in pounds as the ones in Coles cost in dollars ie twice as much and the UK ones were smaller.
Nothing wrong with the Macclesfield pies just more expensive and smaller.
I was brought up on these:
“The exact recipe of the pie filling is a closely guarded secret,” ![]()
Are they available in “New” south wales ![]()
Sadly,no.
There you go, the heritage can’t be stuffed on a ship ![]()