Who has planned a holiday for this year and where?

Oooh lucky you, have a great time and don’t forget the underwater camera!! :-D:-D

OOh i’m dead jealous :mrgreen: Seeing as I cant swim though Diving would be a bit difficult :cry: Have a lovely time

Have a great time, Ania … I envy you too, even though I can’t swim either! :smiley:

Please bring us back plenty of photos of Indonesia … have a safe trip!

Photos will virtually all be underwater, but I’ll try to get the odd sunset too :slight_smile:

Have a lovely time Ania :slight_smile:

When I worked in Hamburg, I had a Bavarian manager who used to make jokes like “We’re getting our own Disney land in Bavaria. They’re building a fence round Munich!”

Actually, I like Munich in the summer - beer and schweinhaxen in the English garden, but the Christmas markets are disappointing.

I’m fed up with all the work I have to do - and the car needs an expensive repair - so we’re off tomorrow in the motorhome for 5 days to do a bit of hill walking in the Cairngorms. Next month we hope to get away to Ayrshire and Dumfries & Galloway.

But what we really look forward to is our annual trip to see the German Christmas markets. Hamburg has a fantastic market, but this year we’re going to Mainz where we also lived many years ago. We can fly direct from Aberdeen to Frankfurt and then it’s a short train journey. This gives us access to the markets in Mainz, Weisbaden and Frankfurt.

I suppose I should think about getting something booked. I don’t like booking in advance - I can always change my mind up to the last minute.

Just came back from Cyprus. Weather their is well into the late 30. Got a shock with how cold it’s gone here.

I hope you had a good time Shaz :slight_smile:

Just back from 2 weeks in Somerset shared with 3 wonderful people in their own homes. Had a marvelous time and loved every minute of it and the weather was glorious. I will recipricate in my home shortly.

I’m in the Indonesian equivalent of Fawlty Towers at the moment, aka Novotel Manado. You couldn’t make it up - endless check-in procedure, internet down for hours yesterday, shower cubicle mouldy, door handle fell off in my hand, had to explain in words of one syllable what reconfirming a flight meant, breakfast stone cold as though the food was in warmers all the lids were left open for the heat to get out…it goes on. Good thing I have a sense of humour and well, well ready to get my flight home later today.

think I’ll stick to Somerset at least the likeness to Fawlty Towers only came about when the dog slipped his collar and ran into a restaurant followed in hot pursuit by my friend who has long dark hair, which was sticking out like a scarecrow,and bares a striking resemblance to a gnome, (but he’s lovely) dressed in a black suit shouting “'ere you can’t go in there Bailey” in a west country accent and wildly flapping his arms about, the dog ran straight through a group of people, so did friend ,and shot out of another door, then ran through a group of smokers onto the main road (the pavement not the actual road) with friend still in hot pursuit and shouting"Come back Bailey you’re not allowed on the road" , dog did a nifty sharpe right turn and shot through hole in the wall back into the car park and stopped on a patch of grass for a wee, as friend neared he shot off again then spotted a little dog sat with some people so dived through them to say “hello”. I had also spotted potential new friend and was standing with slipped collar in hand and, as he arrived I bellowed “SIT”, he did, so did his new friend and the man stood near him, I put the dog’s collar on smiled at everyone and walked back to the car. Friend arrived completely out of puff and announced (sounding like one of the Werzals) " 'e knows every word she says"
All I could hear was gales of laughter and applause and a likening to Fawlty Towers. I was happy to know we had given so many people a good laugh. I gave up on dignity years ago.

I’m just back from Mull my Home Island. Went back for a Wee Visit with Family that still lives there. Didn’t realise how much I’d missed the place till I got off the Ferry.

I’m ready to go anywhere but the weather is a put off. May wait till next month and go to Crete.

Had a lovely time Meg, daughter got married while we were their.:slight_smile:

Just back from a week on the North Yorkshire Moors it was lovely we were really fortunate with the weather only one wet day …Yorkshire is so dog friendly it is a pleasure taking the dog there, we visit the Dales often but haven’t been over the east side for years it was great stayed in a lovely cottage in Levisham just below Goathland (Aidensfield on Heartbeat) a wonderful recharge your batteries sort of week…Sue:-)

Just returned from a long weekend in Paris. Weather was brilliant!!! - bright cloudless skies and the sun was hot enough to tan my face and arms.

Sounds lovely Sue, I bet Lexi was in heaven :slight_smile: Pleased to hear you were lucky with the weather.

Hi UJ :slight_smile: I am glad to hear you enjoyed your trip to Paris which no doubt included some good food :smiley:

Absolutely Meg darlin’ - although I didn’t get any Gruanoui(sp???). I found a couple of very decent and reasonably priced restaurants where I ate very well.

just the face and arms eh??:twisted::lol: