Who do you wish you could get back into contact with?

It is sad when we lose touch and then later find out they died quite a while ago.

yea so many unaswered questions

1 Like

I would like to know how an old boyfriend fared just to speak to him would be lovely but I know I will never do that…I’ve seen his Facebook and he looks to have done ok he played rugby both in England and Australia

I hope he has been happy I often wonder what my life would have been like if I had made different choices

3 Likes

On reflection there is someone I would love to meet now (if he’s still around)…My old PE teacher from school back in 1962-3, Mr Derek Smith. I hated cross country running and my Mum would write me notes so I could be excused. He knew it was a con, but let me stay back in school anyway. We had a school trip to Scotland and had to climb a mountain called ‘Ben Ime’ (I think it was) He tried to shepherd me to the top but failed miserably because I struggled so much…

At 27 years of age I found a love of running, and since then I have run lots of full marathons and excelled at long fell runs of 50 or 60 miles always finishing high up the results. I go out looking for mountains to run up for the fun of it…I think he would be proud…

4 Likes

You have brought to mind a Teacher of mine he was also the Music teacher , He gave me a love of singing , I know he was alive before covid struck and I think he was in his 80s when I last read he was at a School Reunion… Id like to thank him and tell him about the Choirs Ive been in .
I wonder though if he would remember me , to him I expect just one of many faces …

3 Likes

@ summer

I see no harm in making contact - he might be deep down sad and just getting his kicks from his sport - this world doesn’t keep turning cos we ignore each other !!

2 Likes

My old school headmaster so I could cane him across open hands as he gave to us usually about 6 times on each hand so none of us could use them for several hours afterwards. He was a sadistic bastard who if he did that now he would be in jail for life. That would be my greatest wish

2 Likes

I had the same experience. Every Monday morning I would receive 6 of the best on each hand for not doing my homework.
Teachers like that should be thrown in prison, sadistic bastards they were.

Well he probably wouldn’t even remember me…now that would be funny :slight_smile:

Actually I have a teacher I wouldn’t mind having a chat with…he was a nasty man it would feel good to give him a slap :slight_smile:

1 Like

have you ever tried locating people there are several free seach engines now that’s how I did mine and they must pay other sites who harvest information and access them but they can be very helpful and the one I used took me right to the heart of the existing family and phone number so I could ring!

2 Likes

If they did that, at least yer could have a natter again. :icon_wink:

1 Like

Best to let sleeping dogs lie Summer…What if you did contact him and fell in love with him all over again?..Awkward!
:nerd_face:

2 Likes

So sad, I’m so sorry you went through this…

:sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

My Father: to thank him for all the wonderful things he taught me and taking care of my health and my heart before he died and since he’s beyond the veil. I’ve known for long time that he’s watching and guiding. It’s very much appreciated. Thanks Pops!

My Son: didn’t have the chance to fully say goodbye and to thank him for the love, happiness and joy he gave me everyday and that his nickname really meant how I felt deeply. Thanks SonShine!

Give a heartfelt apology to my baker’s dozen female kittens who died tragically at 2 years old for the kittens Mum and just two months old for the twelve adorable kittens and my favourite, Blackie. To apologise for the person who put them in the basement that day which ended their lives. I’m hopeful they didn’t suffer too much…

Yes i had one, a sadist we got the belt in my day, a special strap over a quarter an inch thick split at the final six inches, yes if i hadnt left to migrate south after the army i might have gone looking for him, i felt sure i would bump into him someday, but if there is Karma, then i hope it took him a while to die… sorry folks…

In a way though, they helped to make us the person that we are realspeed.
If kids today had a bit more of the same, perhaps they would be a little bit more respectful.

Yes left us hating school and all forms of further education went out the window. Have you noticed though that a majority of university educated people have no common sense and totally unable work out practical problems? Where I now live it is so obvious ,most have tradesmen to do the work because the don’t know how.
Most teachers I came across back then used violence because they did not know how to teach. Anything from having a blackboad rubber thrown across a classroom- detention or hundreds of lines to write.

1 Like

Life happens. Who’s to know if the big C had not claimed her, something else would have been her nemesis. She had a good life and lived well until 68, raising a son and a daughter. I would share more privately, but for some reason my internal private messaging system is not working :man_shrugging:.

2 Likes

The dead are best left to rest in peace so there’s no one I’d wish to get into contact with that’s dead.

Alive, there’s no one that genuinely wants to know me that I’ve ever fallen out with. It takes time, effort and understanding to nurture friendships.

2 Likes

It’s okay dear @LongDriver Martin. I’ve come to realise after my Father passed away in 74, that things happen for a reason. However, it sometimes takes a while to find the reasons if ever!

Afterwards, I was made to encounter my husband to be in the most unlikely place. We’ve had 36 years. It took me away from a very strict parent. Gave me the chance to discover myself and few talents I didn’t know I had.

I just didn’t expect it to be such a short time. After losing our son and grieving for 5 solid years, I was hoping to get things moving forward. Nevertheless, there were other plans or once again, reasons for the remaining 40 years. The future has knowledge we don’t, but eventually it is for the better…

3 Likes