Who do you wish you could get back into contact with?

I would like to be reunited with my teenage years fishing buddy who tragically drowned at age 15.
Alive, another friend from Tasmania. We lost contact in about 1990. Have tried to find him with no success.

2 Likes

Tried that years ago, the folks never realized we had met as minds. :icon_wink:

2 Likes

With my parents, brother, all my grandparents, and my uncle. Now at a mature age I wish I could have long talks with them and shower them with all those questions I either couldn’t ask or they didn’t answer.

2 Likes

We get one chance at life. If only we done all the things that needed doing in the moment then there would be fewer regrets.

2 Likes

Ah, but hindsight would be a wonderful thing and at the time we did what we did because it seemed the right way to proceed in life.
If only I had married my first fiancée my whole life might have been different. Then on the other hand I would not have married my darling blondie and raised my fantastic children :revolving_hearts::sparkling_heart:

EDITED to add :point_down:
I did stay in touch with my 1st fiancée right up until cancer claimed her way before her due date because we remained friends.

4 Likes

My first Date when i was 17 it lasted all of 6 weeks , I left him broken hearted , Id like to know he went on to find someone he loved more than me .
I met him at a dance, I was allowed to go out on condition I was back by 10.30 , he was the first person who had cared about me , even took me to meet his parents .
The reason I ended it was because of my Father ,who threatened to follow me shouting Gypsy , my date said he didnt mind my back ground ,but I knew i was no match to my fathers anger , so it ended

I didnt go out socially again till i was 19 on a blind date, a cousin of a work friend .
And after a very short time the same thing kicked off again with my father , one night I got a beating . The freind gave me a place to stay for 2 weeks while i got somewhere to live , 4 months after the Blind date we got married , it lasted all of 49 years .
My life may have been a whole lot different if I had been allowed to stay with my first Date .

2 Likes

Nobody really. I have no regrets in life, the things I’ve done, good or bad, have made me the person I am now, and arrive at the place I’m in now, which is contentment. I like to remember the people I have known as they were. The ones that have passed away leave behind memories, and who knows, perhaps we will meet again in the afterlife. The ones that are still around will not be the person that I knew all those years ago, although if they looked for me I would embrace them. I’m not a big people person though and am happy to let the past remain in the past.

2 Likes

No-one,there is usually a reason you loose contact with someone from the past.
The past is just that,and that`s where it belongs.

2 Likes

A sound post if I may say so Foxy.
I’m never quite comfortable with turning back the clock.
Good, bad and sadly dire things happen to all of us … can’t do a reset and that’s that.

2 Likes

I always think that if you lost contact there might have been a good reason, not all friendships and relationships are made to last a lifetime, even if they were brilliant at the time

Meet up again and you might be disappointed and drift into losing contact again Or actively dislike each other :scream:

That’s why I’m always a bit dubious of people from the past popping up on Facebook trying to get back in touch

And I wouldn’t fancy that those DNA tests where they put you in touch with possible relatives :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Do you remember Friends Reunited?
Quite exciting at the time…archaic by today’s standards I suppose.

1 Like

My friend Jenny, who died in 1999 of lung cancer & never smoked.

1 Like

A friend at school. We did a lot together like games, church music walked a lot with my dog. Then I went to Uni and my employer. We lost touch but than I started to use the internet to contact friends - that was around 1990. I friend’s wife was on there. Sadly she told ne that my old friend ad died just several months previously. That was a blow and a salutary instruction for me.

1 Like

Yes I do, there was some bullshit, but in the main, there was traceability, there is none in the latest manifestations :icon_sad:

2 Likes

The bastard who borrowed my home made heavy roller then didn’t return it 30 years ago. The problem was I forgot who I lent it to.

2 Likes

Ah, well if we’re talking revenge and not happy reunion I can think of a few ……Purge Day :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Mmm I wondered where that Roller came from .Been in the Garage since 1988,I wonder could it be ?

2 Likes

Are they the ones you want to poke in the eye @Maree , I always leave it to Karma ,they usually get their comeuppance…

1 Like

Yup, eye poking required :rofl:

I just find karma can be so………impersonal !

1 Like

a young girl friend of mine who died from cancer 22 yrs ago unbeknown to me and I’ve just found it and it is quite shattering - I’ve even spoken to her daughter by phone and it just made it worst??

1 Like