White picket fence dream gone awry

While white picket fences are still in practical use around the country, they have come to symbolize the ultimate form of the American dream : a happy family that lives in a modest residential home with children, pets, and a sense of community safety.

4 Likes

I’m glad I do not live there. Not only a fence in dire need of replacement, but also the grass needs a sheep to keep it looking better😉.
I couldn’t see any curtains at the window’s sides, so perhaps its an empty property.

Edited for a typo

1 Like

This is more of a statement,

It looks as if it’s meant to look like that, Danny,…

1 Like

I Like Photography Smiley

It’s an interesting picture. Nice!

I don’t like to see unlived in and uncaredfor houses.It’s very sad.There was one up the road from me,it took over a year but there’s someone living there now:)

Someone put that fence up once and it looked lovely…they stood back and admired it…they were proud of it. It has its own history…i always wonder about that.

2 Likes

I love your story. We all have our own history.

1 Like

I have been obsessing about old houses for a while now…I love the “lived in” look, and wild unkempt gardens. There’s a richness and vibrancy there, that is missing from the new builds of today, I think.

1 Like

Then you’ll love this one. :smiley:

1 Like

I adore it! :hugs: Can I have it please?

The house I mean :joy:

1 Like

2 Likes

Yes, yes, I’ll have that one too :+1: A bit windy on the left side, but some tarpaulin would fix that up no problem! :smiley:

Sometimes I go looking at the old abandoned houses in Detroit (Google street view)…gorgeous houses there just left to rot…its so sad :frowning:

This one reminds me if the little cabin in the film Calamity Jane…remember the little cabin she renovated…it ends up really pretty…I loved the flowers she painted on the doors…daft the things you remember

1 Like

I most definitely agree with you there Pix. Having once owned a sprawling Victorian villa, we picked an oldish house for our retirement. Sturdy, roomy and with a feeling to it of being previously loved.

2 Likes

I love old houses too …I feel like a caretaker in the one we have now which dates back to the 1700s…I often wonder about the people who lived here previously there must have been so many. So much history…if these walls could talk what a story it would be.

2 Likes