Whiplash Injury

In our car crash my neck/top of spine was injured and I had difficulty turning my neck at first. However I can now turn my neck but I have started with pain at the top of my spine/back of neck and it’s quite painful. I’ve referred myself to MSK and the first appointment is a phone appointment!

Has anyone ever had whiplash and if so how did you alleviate the pain, paracetamol just isn’t doing it and I’m most uncomfortable and in pain, especially at work where I am sat at my computer. I’m trying to sit up straight but it isn’t helping.

Any ideas till I see MSK? Anyone?

good luck regarding MSK I waited 6 months just for a reply to my email just to be told to watch exercises on you tube good luck

Its ridiculous isn’t it. Whats happening to our nhs

I haven’t but a friend of mine did. The other driver’s insurance paid for a number of physio sessions.

See if you can’t get yourself a neck support collar in the interim.

Queenie, if you are in pain and there is too long a wait, I would try either a private Physio, or Osteopath, or McTimoney Chiropractor or even a good Acupuncturist while you’re waiting.

3 Likes

I’ve been reading up about whiplash and it can be a permanent injury and can leave you with arthritis, I hope not. I have a phone app 28th September, if I continue to be in so much pain I will do what you say and contact a private one. Thanks Mups

1 Like