Which upgrade/renovation gave you the most pleasure doing in or around your home?

My Ideal would be to turn at least the garage back part into a photo studio. To be honest at my age I just can’t be bothered even if I had the finances to do it

1 Like

You would of loved my Uncle my .G.Grandad ran a bicycle repair and sold them as well in the 1900’s through to when he died 1927 My grandad took it over as well as insurance my uncle took over the bike shop when he was about 14 in 1936 he added motorcycle repair and cars then went to war and learnt his trade in the army engineers came back took over properly and could fix anything that moved. He retired back down to that garage.

If your on about those garage doors yes you would have bothered. To open and shut huge wooden doors and keep them open in the wind needs two people and a third to get a car out without damage. those roller doors are great. open and shut them while still in the car, nor getting out out in the wet to do it or push against any snow buildup.

Oooh that would be a cracking idea! But yes, its a lot of work :frowning:

The Orient Express

Another project I did was a bit closer to home. It was on the Orient Express or Venice-Simplon Orient Express as it was more formally named. This was for air condition units. Of course there was nothing like regular aircon units one might encounter in an office block. The units were slung beside the rail carriages so exposed to all the elements. Ingress protection IP66. They might have been easier to have carriage roofs but they would have obstructed the minimal tunnel roofs.
And there were quite a lot of technical challenges as well. Several different line voltages including DC.

1 Like

You’re making me blush now pauline…image

1 Like

Best renovations we did was in our last house of 24 years. We redid our kitchen. We took out a door, added a bigger window, put down ceramic tiles, brand new cabinets , new countertop and a new exhaust fan. We were going to add a stainless steel stove/ oven but we decided to move instead.

Another big renovation was our front stairs. We put them in ourselves and they were solid maple. ( except for the posts )
There are wrought iron railings and ceramic tiles.

And lastly ripping out the builders grade carpet and replacing it with solid maple floor we did ourselves 2 years after having it built.

A realtor picture.

2 Likes

Beautiful work! :+1:

I just thought of a Nice Pair of Shears…OGF

1 Like

Stunning house @Bratti …Brilliant work and great design… :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Di…I much prefer a hand job to the electric cutters… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Building the Office, I think I have one more Office left in me. :biking_man:

We had little to do in house…but tonnes to do in the Garden…

1 Like

Thank you OldGreyFox. :heart:You are so kind. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Your electrical workshop looks quite awesome too. In fact this is quite an interesting thread. There are quite a few very creative and talented members here.

1 Like

Trouble with this stuff, apart from my stuff, is what is created with ones own fair hands, with photographic evidence, just like a roofer am open to being Slated. :zombie:

1 Like

good show OGF, I can give a hand to most jobs around the garden also…

1 Like

One Big Problem Unsolved…
It got as far as several sightings…have rocks/stones within the soil…leveled but not as precise as we thought…windy days first off…almost laughed when the plastic glass went flying up the garden in a gusto…
All packed away these past months in one of the workshops…lonely…
I always have had a Greenhouse…missing out still006

I love the maple floor and the bannisters your kitchen is great too I’m all for that clean lines look and the big fridge/freezer really fits in well… its really nice Bratti

1 Like

Thank you summer. We actually miss our maple floors in this house but it’s probably the only thing we miss. This wood scratches much easier than the maple. Ok and maybe the big fridge too😂

Can’t find my Downstairs Toilet thread so, here is the completed new vanity unit.

1 Like