Which type of food I should eat to become thin?

Wasn’t that Dr. NottonightJosephineI’monadiet?

Hi, you should be talking to your Doctor about this, one who understands your health issues.

He doesn’t look particularly thin. :grinning:

1 Like

No, he’s not loss He’s 5ft 7 and weighs 180lbs which means he’s overweight but not obese

But I expect as most of his patients weigh over 650lbs he feels positively skinny :rofl:

1 Like

Doctor Nowt. :slight_smile:

Good observation - it’s funny when people call someone else fat and useless at dieting, to distract from their own spare tyre.

1 Like

Aren’t potatoes, bread, pasta and rice complex carbs Annie? Sweet things like sugar, glucose, sucrose, fructose and lactose simple carbs?

Maybe sweet potatoes or wholegrain pasta, brown rice. It depends on the book you read, but I didn’t eat regular rice pasta or white potatoes. I can only say what worked for me.

Hello Emmanuel,
I’m not sure that it’s quite as straightforward as eating one’s self thin. We all have different lifestyles, needs and requirements, there’s a bigger picture to consider perhaps?
As an earlier poster suggested it’s probably worth seeking professional advice.

During my time as a Marathon and ultra distance runner, I had to study the foods necessary to provide that extra mile or two Annie. A simple carb is one that has a simple structure that the body can utilise quickly, but you get an adrenalin rush. A complex carb is as the name suggests, has a more complex structure, like a potato, that the body takes time to digest and is released more slowly into the system.
The trouble comes when you still have a love of these foods but no longer run… :009:

Perhaps time to take up the accordion again OGF as you will have your hands too full to reach for the spuds. :slight_smile:

Potatoes can be misleading because people think the health benefit extends to a bag of chips.

What is ultra distance running? is it a bit like those quadrathlons in extreme weather conditions where people run 50 miles in the australian desert and then swim in the arctic sea?

(mmm craving a bag of chips now, with salt and vinegar)

1 Like

You might be right about those spuds Annie…Another year or two and I’ll look like ‘Frank Cannon’ (remember him?) Ultra distance are distances over marathon distance.
For around ten years between 1986 and 1996 I competed each year in the 'Lyke Wake Race 42 miles over the wildest places in Yorkshire, The ‘Bullock Smithy’ 56 miles around the wildest places in the dark peak district in Derbyshire, and lots of other races over 30 miles including one of 110 miles on the ‘Cleveland Way’ and a double Lyke Wake (there and back) of 84 miles…

Sounds fabulous but a bit scary. But I am also jealous that you did it because I :heart: the peak district & wild walks. Did you ever have an injury? Some of those boulders on Mam Tor are lethal.

1 Like

Never had a physical injury while competing Annie, although while training on the North Yorks Moors my back up (my dad) failed to find the rendezvous point. It started raining and my wet weather gear was in Dad’s car. I was dressed in only vest and shorts and would most certainly suffered hypothermia had I not descended the mountain I was on and took sanctuary in the local police station where hot soup was administered while a police car tracked down my dad…

1 Like

As Doc Martin says, Keep your mouth shut!!

(only joking).

Hello Emmanuel Katto! It’s great that you’re taking steps toward a healthier lifestyle. For weight management, consider incorporating lean proteins like chicken, plenty of vegetables, whole grains, and healthy fats into your diet.

1 Like

In a sentence…
Only eat when you are hungry…Job done…
:+1:

Hello and welcome to the forums.
For me i found a diet called the Fplan diet. It’s a diet that you can stay with all of the time. I found it very good. It’s a high fibre diet and low in fats and sugars.
At first you have to count calories but once you’ve lost the weight you’ll know how much to eat.
Eat more veg, fruit and fibre less sugar and fats.

From the age of 15 i was always doing the yo yo diets, didn’t know what to eat after losing the weight, but when i was 23 this diet came out, i found the book being sold in a health food shop and never looked back.

But what if someone is always hungry Old Grey Fox

1 Like

Strangely enough Aerolor, by stopping eating your stomach will shrink and not need much food before you feel full or hungry. It is hard at the start though…