Which type of food I should eat to become thin?

Hello people, my name is Emmanuel Katto hailing from Uganda. I have gain a lot of wait because of that I am have lot of health issues and now I want to loose my weight and not in a position to go gym so want to maintain my diet, can anyone suggest me which type of food I should eat to become thin?

Hi Emmanuel. I had great results by sticking to simple carbs after weight gain during Covid lockdown. So no bread, cakes, processed food, chips, pasta, but complex carbs are fine. I was eating things like corn on the cob, sweet potatoes, grilled aubergine, steamed chicken or fish. Also drinking lots of water when I was craving a snack. After a couple of days the cravings go and you don’t feel that hungry because you don’t have those sugar highs.

2 Likes

Cut out carbs, eat keto…

Stick to boiled rice!

A colourful diet should be a healthy one. Balance is the key.f

Dont eat anything with more than 3% fat in.

Sadly, it’s more a question of what foods you shouldn’t eat :woman_shrugging:

There’s no food you can eat to make you thin and all food will make you fat if you eat too much of it

(Except perhaps celery, which I’m told burns more calories to chew than there are calories in it)

You don’t need to eat a certain type of food to get thin, you just have to eat less food!

What we all need is a Dr Now to give us a good telling off!

Sometimes when I’m whinging about being overweight I imagine what he’d say to me as a dose of motivation :rofl:

Didn’t James Bond kill Dr Now :smile:

2 Likes

James Bond would stand no chance against this Dr Now, he’s wicked hard :rofl:

79 years old and still whuppin’ ass!

Wasn’t that Dr. NottonightJosephineI’monadiet?

Hi, you should be talking to your Doctor about this, one who understands your health issues.

He doesn’t look particularly thin. :grinning:

1 Like

No, he’s not loss He’s 5ft 7 and weighs 180lbs which means he’s overweight but not obese

But I expect as most of his patients weigh over 650lbs he feels positively skinny :rofl:

1 Like

Doctor Nowt. :slight_smile:

Good observation - it’s funny when people call someone else fat and useless at dieting, to distract from their own spare tyre.

1 Like

Aren’t potatoes, bread, pasta and rice complex carbs Annie? Sweet things like sugar, glucose, sucrose, fructose and lactose simple carbs?

Maybe sweet potatoes or wholegrain pasta, brown rice. It depends on the book you read, but I didn’t eat regular rice pasta or white potatoes. I can only say what worked for me.

Hello Emmanuel,
I’m not sure that it’s quite as straightforward as eating one’s self thin. We all have different lifestyles, needs and requirements, there’s a bigger picture to consider perhaps?
As an earlier poster suggested it’s probably worth seeking professional advice.