Which foods make you feel unwell?

Are there any foods that make you feel unwell? And in what way?

Could be something you know you shouldn’t have (like sweets/chocolate!) or something people are always showing you should (like tomatoes!). Am curious to hear which foods might crop up…

1 Like

I have quite a list. Aniseed, most green leaves in a salad (apart from lettuce), liquorish, turnips, parsnips, cauliflower, sprouts, broccoli, kidneys (apart from steak and kidney), liver & black pudding. I will also add Octopus, which was given to me on a trip, which made me throw up the moment someone told me what it was.

1 Like

Carbs and sugary things make me really sleepy, sluggish and generally grotty

I’m not diabetic, I’ve been tested many times but I do wonder if I’m a bit insulin resistant

Too much caffeine gives me an upset stomach because I have no gall bladder

But other than that, I can eat and drink pretty much anything ……and I do :yum:

1 Like

Dairy can give me migraines , thank goodness for plant alternatives .
Even chocolate :weary: I have to limit myself to one Kitkat or Blue Riband a day.

1 Like

Everything since Friday. I expect to go back to more normalcy by this Friday. Not what this thread was for…but post teeth extractions have a way to make all foods feel unwell.

On the flip side when life was normal with no tooth extracted, everything was good for dinner when I skipped lunch.

New meaning to all or nothing

1 Like

There are a few foods that I could happily live without, but I can’t think of anything (within reason) that makes me feel unwell.

3 Likes

I can’t say any food that I have tried has made me unwell though the smell of cooked cabbage makes me want to throw up whether it would make me unwell I don’t know as I have never eaten it.

I don’t like vegetables but can (and do occasionally) eat sweet corn, peas and carrots, recently tried pumpkin and it wasn’t too objectionable. If I am eating out I always go for chips and salad with my steak and give the salad away.

Don’t take dietary advice from me.

2 Likes

Offal off my menu

1 Like

There are foods I don’t like but finding out I don’t like them never made me feel unwell. I just don’t eat them again. I’m sure there must be something that would make me unwell but I haven’t come across it yet.

1 Like

They have Horse Butcher Shops here…crikey that is so sad…

1 Like

Believe it or not but eggs make me feel awful, no matter how they are cooked I just can’t stomach them.

1 Like

I can’t eat radishes, onions, celery, chilli or any spicey stuff, nor curry. I suffer from reflux. There are other foods I probably shouldn’t eat but it’s trial & error, then avoid them.

1 Like

@Azz MSG (monosodium glutamate C5H8NaNO4+H2O ) is a food additive often snuk in as “permitted flavour enhancer” but to me and my heart, it is highly toxic and can set my old ticker into Atrial Fibrillation. I have to thoroughly check all labels for listings and if in doubt leave it alone. Cooked food outlets are outrageous culprits with only McDonald’s categorically stating that none of their menu contains any MSG (E621).
Food-Info.net : Monosodiumglutamate - E621

1 Like

I don’t think there are any foods that make me feel unwell - there aren’t many things I don’t like either. I wonder whether that is due to when we were young we had no choice about what we had to eat and had to eat everything on the plate or else it could be served up again at the next mealtime?

1 Like

Baileys drink.

1 Like