Which films (any type) make you cry?

yes i admit it Lassie ;the first one] and Bambi
even How Green Was My Valley…

“Crossroads: The Movie” made me cry a lot, but only because some insensitive dork took me to see it!

I’d highly recommend the book if you haven’t already read it.
Even weepier than the film!

The Hurricane (sometimes shown as Hurricane Carter). Early Denzil Washington film about the boxer. So full of the injustice that it made me weep. Perhaps worse that I was watching it on a flight to America and maybe had a glass or three of wine while watching the film. I knew I was upset because a stewardess stopped and asked if I was ok.

1 Like

Bob Dylan wrote a brilliant song about Rubens Carter…

1 Like

Many films make me cry.
The first film I remember crying during was Old Yeller. :cry:

1 Like

I don’t actually cry while watching a film, but I have been known to ‘well up’ with watery eyes and develop a croaky voice due to the lump in my throat…
One such film was ‘The Champ’ with Jon Voight and Ricky Schroder.

Which of course was the closing music to the film. Dylan knew social injustice when he saw it.

1 Like

I don’t like sad weepie films, I don’t watch them.

1 Like

My first cry of the day.
Thanks there Butterscotch. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
A beautiful song but sad song topic

I cry mostly in stories that have animals lost, hurt or deceased so am very careful what movies I watch. Some movies can actually haunt me forever and a day. Even animated movies where animals are killed make me cry. The last one I watched was Avatar - The Way of the Water.

I cry about people who lose loved ones also whether they be four legged, 2 legged , have wings or fins.

Im a very sensitive emotional person. Something I wish I could change but unfortunately, can’t. 🥹

1 Like

I think that crying should become a skilled therapeutic art form, in its own right. It’s one of what I call “retro-appetites”, such as whistling, singing, humming, talking, shouting, movement, laughter, (the creatives) painting, writing, drawing, sketching, model making, photography. I think crying is desperately important…and, if you leave it in long enough, you end up with neurological conditions and you’ll never make the connection to what cause them, when they strike. You’d never associate them with having not done enough crying (or, any of the others, earlier mentioned).

I don’t know how to make somebody cry when they prefer not to, but I know that crying has tremendous value in the human mind/nervous system/s.

1 Like

So many for me, Steel Magnolias, Terms Of Endearment, Offices and a Gentleman.

Most of all, anything relating to military service and our vets. Maxwell House coffee used to have a commercial where the son comes home on leave, and has morning coffee with his family. Tore me up every single time I saw the ad. Even clips of servicemen home on leave and surprising their kids at school…I am so sappy at times!