Which DIY tools have you got?

And do you have any faves?

Just curious! :lol:

Have all the gear and some idea, just don’t have the time, or the inclination, still, the “Table Saw” is a bit of a favorite, wished I’d had had one forty years ago :smile:

1 Like

I have just about everything, built up over the years,two cordless drills, two cordless screwdrivers, two corded drills, jigsaw, reciprocating saw, angle grinder, multi tool, two or three sanders, dremil type tool, two circular saws, two smaller saws, plus the multitude of screwdrivers, socket sets, pliers, and that’s just off the top of my head, my favourite has to be the new pressure washer I bought last weekend…

1 Like

We have the Karcher K7 premium Primus1, ain’t had time to use it yet! :grin:

1 Like

ah!!! Do it yourself tools

yes… the wife

2 Likes

Would not get away with calling my Wife a “Spanner”!

1 Like

What a beauty, might get round to using it one day :grin:

1 Like

@Azz I do not possess any so-called DIY type tools, but I do own a plethora of professional’s tools and enough for full house maintenance and repair. That said, I am now of an age when I usually call in my trusted professional, Kevin, if the problem is anything more than a loose window lever or adjusting some door hinges.

1 Like

Quite a few. Manual and cordless screwdrivers, pliers, jet washer, somewhere I have a saw. Used to have a router but sold it at a car boot. Might still have a sander. Drill, socket set. What I can remember off the top of my head.

None in particular is a favourite. I use them all.

3 Likes

I have 2 large tool box`s full to the brim of all sorts,a cordless drill a very large monkey wrench and 3 crowbars.
All of which have been used.

1 Like

I’m not really into DIY, used to do my own decorating, but I’d rather pay some else to do it now. The only electric tool I have is a drill. I enquired about buying/hiring a sander recently, then found I had a old rasp in the shed which did the trick … fixed ill-fitting draws on an upcycled chest we bought.

Lots of screwdrivers, pliers, a hammer or two, assorted bits and pieces.

3 Likes

This box is all I need for DIY projects.
If I need anything else I ask a two legged oiler, driller, pounder or screwer, and help is offered.

3 Likes

A shelf in my garage is dedicated to tools and full of odds and ends .
My prize possessions are a pointing trowel that must be over 100 years old having belonged to my Grandad and Dad (I use it to clear weeds from the cracks in the path) also an ancient electric drill that belonged to my late husband .

1 Like

I have a few bits and pieces, power drill etc. I’ve never been able to summon up any enthusiasm for DIY whatsoever! If I do manage to bodge up the most rudimentary task and not lose a couple of fingers then I consider it a success :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My karcher died and it was only about six years old, so I went for an ava, made in Norway and has good reviews, time will tell though first impressions are good

1 Like

My BH’s father has a shed and work shop full of tools which he says I can use.So far I’ve used a hammer,saw and screw driver.

1 Like

I’ve got a reasonable number of useful tools including drills, circular saws, hammers, screwdriver set, routers etc but I am growing more fond of my battery powered tools, which seem to get more useful as time goes on.

They get a fair amount of use.

Not sure that I have a favourite though my mitre saw also gets a lot of use

as does my pressure washer

Actually when I think about it my soldering iron gets used a lot too.

I would miss all my tools if I didn’t have them except perhaps my welder, haven’t used that for years.

1 Like

I would post a few photos of my tools but, I can’t seem to find them at the moment :icon_wink:

1 Like

all you clever people being able to use all those tools, I have a nammer, not too sure what to do with it

3 Likes

Which tools? Everything, thanks to my beloved, late husband. He was a real DIY man, it just saddens me that I an incapable of using the electric devices, they’re a bit scary too. My son does his best, but I will never allow him to use the chain saws, too dangerous. I bought myself a small battery-operated chainsaw, just for pruning and cutting bigger branches which you can’t do with simple pruning scissors, it’s obviously not good for cutting logs. I’ve found it very useful, I’ve done so much work that I couldn’t have done without it.
I have to call tradesmen now to do maintenance jobs, which I detest, just not used to it. My son has managed to make a new shed door which I’m very proud of. :smiley:

4 Likes