Which animals scare you most?

Why?
Animals in your own Country.
I am more wary of Dogs than any of our Native Wildlife because I know how to avoid our dangerous critters.
But dogs? Many owners are not in control of them, allowing them free rein,(without a leash). I witness many people who do not have the strength to hold onto a big dog if it wants to run away

4 Likes

Horses, I know that there are those on this forum that love horses and I hasten to add that I donā€™t dislike them, quite the opposite. Itā€™s just that they scare me, I have this fear that they might just lash out and kickā€¦or something.

Probably just showing my own ignorance. Iā€™d be happy to be put right :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Those that want to eat,bite,sting me.

1 Like

Same here. All of those.

2 Likes

These!

1 Like

@Azz @Psmith @butterscotch

2 Likes

Yup, nightmares about those. (No) thanks for the nightmare. :frowning:

As they say ā€œTruer Words Have Never Been Spokenā€ :angry:

Inside this last week alone I have already seen such examples - one a selfish aggressive &%*& of a woman really struggling with TWO large dogs that she has previously allowed to actually come up from behind me when speaking with a neighbour and drool their putrid slime on me as she pushed BETWEEN myself and the chap I was speaking with.

Same day this week yet another mutt mongrel arse licking horror was out in the next street as I was trying to come home - it was totally on the loose with that owner just watching from his balcony.

And yet another example in next street considers itā€™s his Gxd given right to walk with his mangy ( & yes I DO mean medically? mangy ) irritating mutt around our local streets totally OFF LEASH where they go for supposed ā€˜exerciseā€™

Meanwhile I will carry to the end of my days the results of some of at least 7 or 8 unwanted altercations over recent years all in this local general area.

I would dearly love to be legally able to respond in kind with just a tiny bit of the misery & suffering these dangerous creatures have caused me.

Of far too many dogs AND dog owners - BOTH are SCARY SELF CENTRED ANIMALS that ideally need culling. :angry: :angry:
So many owners consider themselves to be a law unto themselves. And KNOW they can get away with their behaviour as proven far too often. :face_vomiting:

Also within just this last week was a dog off leash in my local SURGERY and then buggar me if not 20 minutes later yet another example of the contempt these people have for others was ANOTHER bloody mutt in my Chemist shop.
Neither of these was a valid support animal where I would have had no problem.

At least the UK and elsewhere are FINALLY beginning to wake up to just how serious this problem is - just go dig out the thousands of stats re necessary hospital intervention that has been required, and that not including those who have died, or in some cases might almost be better dead than the lives & suffering that they are now left with by surviving.

ā€¦

1 Like

Humans, as long as they have evolved that is. :grin:

1 Like

Governments.

1 Like

OK, then people.

1 Like

What is that? :thinking:

Londoner here and I just canā€™t believe that out in the country cows and horses are allowed just to wander free and unrestrained in some places! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I am afraid of cows and horses, and sheep and goats to a slightly lesser degree. Also horseflies and hornets :honeybee:

I donā€™t trust dogs or dog owners but Iā€™m not really scared of them

1 Like

I can perhaps understand your fear of some animals if you are a Londoner. I was a farmerā€™s lad on the hills of Scotland so we were accustomed to the animals. The one exception was the bull - you just to be when he was around.

1 Like

Wasps, they can sting for no reason & I am allergic to any type of bee or wasp sting, or horse fly bite. I swell up like a balloon & feel really ill. I hate horse flies too.

1 Like

The picture? A Bull Ant
Nasty bite. I sat on a nest when I was young. Multiple bite, lots of tears.

1 Like

Canā€™t say Iā€™m ā€œafraidā€ of animals. There are a couple I try to avoid, like snakes. But mostly I am fascinated with all kinds of animals.

1 Like

Thanks. Iā€™ve never heard of, let alone seen that.

1 Like

dragons!

1 Like

No, dragons are lovely creatures.

1 Like